free hit
counters
Tips on seat repair/re trim/replace - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Andy Esprit SE

Tips on seat repair/re trim/replace

Hi everyone,

I've had my car out for its first run in 2013 and loved every minute if it.

I'm planning ahead really worrying about the seats, it's got cream leather and the previous owner gave me a Connolly kit with leather soap and plenty of lonolin (hide food?). I've also got two tubs of cream paint the same colour as the leather.

The previous owner told me that you can fill in the cracks with the paint then smooth it out with the lanolin but today I noticed the colour fading on the seat back and base, I used the soap thinking it was maybe cleanable but if anything it looked worse after, I then tried the lanolin on a small area and it softened it up but obviously only a short time passed before I tucked the car in for the night in the garage.

What would you guys recommend in the long term? I'm planning on keeping it a long time so maybe use it as it is for a couple of years then plan a re trim? Can it be repainted?

All I would like to replace or repair would be the seats, the centre arm rest/compartment lid, and the gear lever gaitor, everything else is still perfect being dash, door cards etc

post-14973-0-12174200-1357506307.jpg

post-14973-0-39215700-1357506511.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

PICT0050.jpg

There are a few products around, I used the 1 bellow, you need to do it all, you will not get an exact match doing "bits".

It's time consuming, but I was happy with the results.

http://www.leatherique.com/

Only problem with cleaning and recolouring leather seats is that you'll lose the red stitching. I have the same colour combo as you and quite miss the red contrast.