free hit
counters
Nuvolari - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Nuvolari

rogerch

PICT0142R.jpg

Very sadly I have to announce that Nuvolari has left us.

He was the greatest pet and friend anyone could have, he reached 14, which from a predicted 9 was a good innings.

I had the vet come here where he could be in familiar surroundings and hopefully without fear. A terrible dessiosion to make, but I felt he was asking me to let him go, and that I was being selfish to keep him.

I haven't shed this many tears in a long time.

"I shall miss you my friend"

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pets like our much loved cats and dogs are just so much part of any family - which is why we miss them so much when they go. I know this was a consideration even before we got ours - their lives seem so short compared to ours. One minute they are kittens or puppy's, the next they are ageing pets - time goes too quickly. The pleasure they give us over their lifetimes far outweighs the loss we feel when they die, although still an emotional difficult time when they do. Many people including myself will get another pretty quicky after this event, and whilst not a solution, helps with the void left by the much loved pet - might not be on your mind right at this time Rog but it definately fills that feeling of 'house feels strange/empty' 14 is a pretty good innings Rog and like you say, you do know it was the kindest thing.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I move around too much to have a pet; have been a "cat person" since I was a toddler...we had a cat not dissimilar to Nuvo, proper ginger tom, he was. My brother has a small menagerie of two cats and a golden retriever, they alll came at different times so the cats think they are dogs and the dog thinks he's a cat....all live in peace and harmony. He has had 3 previous dogs, and I have been there at the end for all of them. It's part of responsible pet ownership....but gutwrenchingly awful, every time we've been unable to speak at all for quite a while after. No house can ever be truly complete without a cat. 

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I just had the crematorium on the phone, asking about an inscription for the urn, I just burst into tears. I keep trying to tell myself it's silly at my age, but it's not, it hurts to loose a friend after 14 years, and if it didn't hurt it would mean we don't cherish friendship, and we should. I asked for the inscription, " Nuvolari, my friend".

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Sorry to hear of your loss.  Your inscription is spot on and there is nothing wrong about tears after loosing a friend of 14 years.  One of our dogs and one of our cats are well past their sell by dates and I know I shall blub like a baby when either of them goes.

DSC_8366.jpg

I'm really pleased with the presentation, I'm missing the little guy terribly but treating him with with respect and dignity helps.

I've been overwhelmed by the notes and messages of condolence I received for Nuvolari, he was such a lovable lunatic.

• 2 weeks later...

What a lovely cat, we have "Sparly" a ginger tom who is not even our cat but who drops by every other morning and evening for cuddles (oh, and food), with a purr like a little V8  - he`s managed to worm his way into our affections and we would be so cut up if anything happened to him, the little sod !