free hit
counters
Armstrong Shock/Damper Part # - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lou R

Armstrong Shock/Damper Part #

Hi All,

Trying to restore my 79 S2 Federal to original specs and getting close to the time when I'll have to re-install the shocks/dampers.  I prefer to stay with the original Armstrongs but having them overhauled is about the same cost as buying a new set of Spax.  Does anyone know the Armstrong part # for the front and rear shocks/dampers ?  I need Armstrong's part # (not the Lotus part #) to see if I can locate an NOS pair.  Does anyone have the cross reference that will provide the Armstrong part # ?  If so, I'd be very grateful if you could educate me on the correct part # for the S2's Armstrongs.

Thanks,

Lou R

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

G'day Lou,

Armstrong part numbers are Front 63.3305 and rear S84.8016.  I'm trying to find some for my S2 JPS, let me know if you discover any.

Roo

www.jpsesprit.com

Hi Roo,

Thanks for your response.  I've been looking for quite some time but still haven't located a set of original Armstrongs.  I'll keep looking and promise to get back to you if I can locate a source for these shocks.  Out of curiosity, where did you get the Armstrong part numbers from ?  I spent hours trying to determine the original part number but was never successful.

Thanks again,

Lou

G'day Lou,

Google turned up some leads on the parts number and an old Armstrong catalogue confirmed them. Just trying to sort out the Monroe cross reference number as they continued making them when Armstrong stopped.

Roo

www.jpsesprit.com

I've got a Monroe/Armstrong x-ref and no mention of 63.3305

The closest I get is:

63.3302 - Zhiguli Lada  Monroe R2599

63.3303 - Zhiguli Lada  Monroe R2563

Its possible that the mounting style is the only difference ie. pin / ferrule etc??

Rob

Edited by rlc