free hit
counters
Steering rack gaitors - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Freeman

Steering rack gaitors

Well as some will know I am have issues with my 1990 SE suspension, following a full geo set up I now find the car wandering too much on uneven roads, so it's back to the company that originally set the car up just before christmas.

On inspection of the front set up it appears that not only do I have an error in the set up but also when the car was set up someone did not release the rubber gaitorsWell before adjusting the tracking, both boots are badly split.

My issue is I want to get replacements before I go back to the geo company tomorrow so they can fit them before it is re tracked.

Is there an alternative, what car did they originate from, part number and vehicle type would help greatly.

Looking forward to any suggestions, cheers.

Dave

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Cheers Chris, could just measure the rack diameter, rod end would almost certainly be standard. Dave

Read before on another thread that the multi vehicle type is fine. You just need to trim some of the gaiter to get a tight fit. The gaiters have marks for trimming purposes.

Cheers all, got a pair of Moprod universal gaitor kit QG2500, price £10.98 These are cut to fit type, I will let your know how they fit. Dave

They fit perfectly, had the geo re done on Wednesday, the toe in for the car was changed to toe out to suit the wheels and the S4 hubs as fitted when the new rotors and calipers were fitted. It drives like a dream, much, much better than it has in a long while, so sod off snow and let me go for another drive. Dave