free hit
counters
Hows the weather where you are? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hows the weather where you are?

Kimbers

Here in Norfolk we have had about half a foot of snow since Monday with the roads being unpassable Tuesday and only improving slightly out Wymondham way.

We had another 2-3 inches in the night and now we are forcast another 2-4 inches later today.

Schools are closed and my sons have been since Tuesday.

Now_zps71c7482a.jpg

Today2_zpscb485da2.jpg

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nothing compared with you!  After mere traces of snow yesterday, here - north-east Hampshire - has been hit this morning. It's much worse further west, I read, but we now have about 4 inches and continuing.  I was about the only one to take my daily driver (FWD) out of my road for a test an hour ago and very few people in or moving in the town. Below freezing and the snow is packing and shining - no gritting apparent, or it was overwhelmed.  Tricky to get back - via circuitous route avoiding hilly bits - and I've experienced a lot up north. Probably slightly worse than expected as the schools were not forecast to be shut, but the children were sent home a while ago.

I'm particularly concerned as TDI is holding a "freeby - Charity donation" test day for Evoras ( in South Essex) tomorrow and I'm hoping things will improve by Sat morn. Temps forecast stay below freezing though.

734756_3655531565241_1404013635_n.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Whilst I do agree Bibs, that pic was of Rose lane at 3pm and it was -9 degrees. The melted snow from earlier had frozen solid into black Ice and there were too many cars to get the gritter through, though why they didn't grit earlier is beyond me.

And of course our snow ploughs are crappy little 18 ton trucks with a scoop on the front whilst Canada have big old snow throwers that suck it up and chuck it out at a massive rate!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Just when we thought we were getting away with a few cm of frozen white stuff in the dales its now dumping snow on us rapidly.............days like this I could emigrate to a warmer climate!!!

Dont worry,be happy.............

734756_3655531565241_1404013635_n.jpg

Oh my... why are all the Canadians driving on the wrong side of the road in the picture on the right? (which appears to have been taken in Deer Lake... last September   :P  ) 

And of course our snow ploughs are crappy little 18 ton trucks with a scoop on the front whilst Canada have big old snow throwers that suck it up and chuck it out at a massive rate!

You can never have enough power:

post-4092-0-08453000-1358556093.jpg

Edited by 73JPS

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

This has been our forecast since last week, finally getting above freezing. I still have snow on my street that first fell Christmas Eve. It's just been so cold this winter. Coldest it's been at my house so far is -5.5°F. As nice as it is living with mountains on each side, we get inversions where warm air traps cold air in the valley and that also traps all the pollution. Makes for some very nasty air if we don't get any storms to sweep it away.

7northnew.jpg

What's everyone using to get around in the snow? This is my snow mobile:

20121226171110283.jpg

'86 Lotus Esprit Turbo

Well in Sawbo we only have an inch or so ( sorry 3cm ), bit of a pain, so want to get the car out and have a blast.

I wish it would get it over and done with, it's been snowing for a couple of day but it's melting despite the temp being around -2

Dave

Edited by Dave Freeman

Echhh. Clearly you are not in the "SFO" part of your "Location", then.

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

10 Day Forecast - °F | °C

sat sun mon tue wed thu fri sat sun mon
jan
wx_85.png
Clear
67°
43°
jan
wx_85.png
Sunny
70°
43°
jan
wx_65.png
M Sunny
61°
42°
jan
wx_66.png
P Cloudy
66°
48°
jan
wx_66.png
P Cloudy
68°
54°
jan
wx_66.png
P Cloudy
72°
51°
jan
wx_65.png
M Sunny
62°
36°
jan
wx_69.png
M Cloudy
55°
40°
jan
wx_66.png
P Cloudy
64°
51°
jan
wx_85.png
Sunny
69°
52°

Not too shabby for January, eh? :D

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Well in Sawbo we only have an inch or so ( sorry 3cm ), bit of a pain, so want to get the car out and have a blast.

I wish it would get it over and done with, it's been snowing for a couple of day but it's melting despite the temp being around -2

Dave

not stopped snowing since you posted that dave

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Finally snowing in Kent, we're bbq'ing :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Haven't seen a single flake yet, all last week and the whole of this weekend. Lovely clear and dry roads. :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!