free hit
counters
Dull NAV screen - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Aussie kid

Dull NAV screen

My Blackbird NAV is very clear in contrast and is very bright when hand held. However, when I install the Blackbird into the unit the SOURCE section is bright and the NAV bar is bright.

Then I select NAV and when the navigation screen comes up it is dull and cannot be read.

Possibly there is a setting that I have not selected bright on??

The in car unit is an Alpine unit IVA - W505R. The insert unit is a Blackbird PMD - B200P.

Sorry but I have trawled through the install disc, the manual etc. but no results..:cry:

Can anyone shine some light..:lol:

Thanks in anticipation.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I recently had this on my10 car and the dealer contacted Alpine who sent a new Blackbird unit under warranty and it is fine now.

You can get the later non removable Nav unit installed which has better interface and improved menus, but that was a cost option.

Whilst the original unit isnt the best of Nav menus, it does work pretty well once you have worked your way round it a few times. 

Tnx Steve. Seems like I may need to head down this path. The car goes in for its first service on Wednesday so the NAV will be a priority.

The Blackbird is not very intuitive unless your female. I have struggled with mine but my wife jumps in and has no issues. She took a friend to a spa recently in it and they decided to call somewhere else coming back. Her friend did it while my wife drove without asking any questions - she said she loved the sat nav but hates the one in her BMW!

softlips

Martin, yes my wife has that Midas touch as well sometimes.

My Blackbird is operating with full brightness, clarity and colour but once in the Alpine unit the unit is dull but on the NAV.

Mmmm seems there may be a contact that's not working :cry:

Anyway the unit and car is going in for first service so this type of things will be on the service list. :lol:

Edited by Aussie kid