free hit
counters
I need some help in s1 restoration - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rajesprit

I need some help in s1 restoration

Hello everyone, i am trying to restore my S1, and i have encountered 2 problems for the moment which im not sure how to fix.

1. Reffering to the seat belts, mine are the original s1 parts. The problem is that they dont seem to "lock" when pulled hard and fast? Isnt that the whole purpose of them? Is there a way to fix this, i want to keep these original parts and not replace them with non original ones.

2. About the fine chrome trim that runs through the upper door frame on body,which ends a quarter way into the rear boot. Can someone please send me a foto of that part of the car, so i can see exactly how that trim is. I have been looking in many fotos in this forum and others but i cant get a clear view.

Thankyou very much.

Edited by rajesprit

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1. Reffering to the seat belts, mine are the original s1 parts. The problem is that they dont seem to "lock" when pulled hard and fast? Isnt that the whole purpose of them? Is there a way to fix this, i want to keep these original parts and not replace them with non original ones.

Early versions of inertia belts worked on the change in vehicle momentum unlike later versions which relied on how quickly the belt is pulled out so if you have the earlier version fitted there's probably nothing wrong with them. :thumbsup:

I have no idea how you tell which type you have fitted. :thumbdown:

In that case John, Rajesprit should sprint as quickly as he can while holding the belts, yank on them and see if they lock.

Easy!

Edited by Winter

Oh, ok. Thanks jonwat. I will drive around and test it. Thanks Winter.

Edited by rajesprit

Rajesprit have a look at www.jpsesprit.com and click on the number for photos of the car. You should be able to see the trim. I'm just replacing mine and you need to take the cant rails off to do it properly.

Roo

Federal JPS #010

Yess, thanks alot v8vantage, i saw it. Im missing that part. At least half of it. So ,restoration is on....