free hit
counters
How good is your heater? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

When I got the car it was summer and when the autumn got here I thought the heater was fine but now we have things a little colder the heater isn't too good at all. Takes a while to get any heat to come through and even when fully warmed up i have the fan on position 2 or 3. I don't like a hot car either so not asking for too much. What's your car like before I go back to the dealer?

Trevor.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've always found the heaters to be ok, never had cause to worry about them. Coolant level ok?

Yep that's fine, I assume it has an electronic valve and it not functioning as it should.

Trevor

Chris,

Not the pollen filter as air comes through ok it's just not hot enough.

Sparky,

Very funny. You still need water wings and lifeguard when you're in the GT3?

Trevor.

Mine's not as hot as I'd expect, even on max temp and 3-4 on the fan. If I need to keep the windscreen warm to prevent misting I don't seem to be able to have it set to a mix of screen and vents.

They checked some of it in the summer when not cooling enough. Going to get them to look again at heating.

I like it warm in my cars and I'm happy with my heaters, I don't even have to have it on full blast for it to get pretty hot.

Coincidentally though I was thinking earlier about starting a thread about the heated seats to find out if any of you find fluctuations in seat heat temperature?  Mine seem to change so they cool down a bit, then suddenly they get scorchio for a few minutes before cooling down a bit again

Trev, I can't drive the GT3 as it's still drying out and you borrowed my wellingtons when you bought the Evora.

However, I understand your need is greater than mine.  No, no, don't thank me....

I ran mine this morning from a cold start at -9°C and the heat was crap for the first 20 minutes, but then was OK with temperature set at max and fan on #2.

Sparky,

Touché.

All,

Ok it seems my heater is about the same as everyone else. I'll stop whingeing and get on with it.

Trevor.

Trev,

Would it be foolish to have  a fully functionable heater blowing that hot air,

over those damp foot well carpets??

Here we go, didn't think it would be long before you popped up. I should know better than to tell either of you anything. Guess that comment just came to you like turning a light on, bet you wish you had that much effect on your headlights.

Trevor.

Trev,

thats the only problem with a 10 minute guarantee    

I wouldn't give you 10 seconds on that rainbow-coloured DPO wiring!  I can't be certain, but I think Pilko had a hadron collider in parallel with your lighting circuit.

Its a good excuse not to take Jan out of a night,

YES you are correct about THAT wiring,    

perhaps the auto electrician might have been colour  blind   or had lots of spare off-cuts :help:   

Thanks to you two this is WAY off topic........I like it:-;

Trevor.

My heater's just toasty, thanks for asking.

Mines not bad to be honest, needs blower on 1 to get any heat and 2 in this weather. Wish the blower was quieter though.

Well I thought I had posted back about post 10 but then realised I had connectivity problems from offshore and ended up saving it.  Nothing new to add to the pot but this is what I was going to say

Trevor, TADTS!  I have had 3 and they all sound identical to yours. Next to useless.  Cold in the winter and warm in the summer.  Like you I'm not a lover of a hot car but living in Jockland I maybe use the heater more!!  Last time home (currently offshore) the heater control never left the full heat position with A/C on of course, and the fan has to be at position 2 or no effective heat reaches the car. Pos 1 and the car almost starts to cool down.  I constantly was juggling, do I want warm cabin or clear screen?  The heater control on all 3 has only seemingly given heat out in the top few mm of travel on the rotary heater knob as well.  We have a great dealer and he has assured me on all 3 that that is as good as they get.  In the early days I did suffer on the first one from all the horror stories about lost gas, incorrect matrix, corrosion, hoses etc. and also in early days they did something to the ECU software that gave a tiny bit more heat, but if I hadn't been told I'd never have noticed.  Seems the solution is one of the newer cars or heated seats so you don’t notice the ambient so much. 

Oh and yes I agree on position 2 the fan is starting to grate on my nerves in the background and it is NEVER below position 1.

Trev,

good news, weather getting milder,   that would enable you to use the Evora, without wearing an overcoat to keep warm 

I've also noticed that if I have passengers then their radiant heat means I have less need of the car's heater (but more of the AC and demister to cope with the extra exhaled water vapour!).

This got me thinking that some kind of supplementary heating might help in the winter months.  Rather than fill the +2 seats with hot water bottles, has anyone come across a suitable thermostatically controlled in-car heater that could plug into the front or rear 12V socket and for example be tucked under the seats to heat the cabin?

Trev,

good news, weather getting milder,   that would enable you to use the Evora, without wearing an overcoat to keep warm 

Yes and lighter evenings mean you will be able to take your car out and not have to worry about seeing.

Trevor.