free hit
counters
New Esprit Owner - Calgary Alberta - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
stugilmour

New Esprit Owner - Calgary Alberta

Have picked up my new (to me) 2000 Esprit V8 in the last week.  Love the car!

Although I am new to the Esprit, I have owned a 1969 Plus 2 for about five years.  I met a good part of the local Esprit community about four years ago on a run to Banff (organized by Mark T-C) when I was still restoring the Plus 2.  I have been more active on the Elan forum than here.  Was very attracted to the Esprit, but the thought of two Loti seemed overwhelming.

I have since driven the Plus 2 to two LOG's (in Las Vegas and Orlando), and two VanDusen All British Field Meets in Vancouver.  I am pretty poor with names and faces, but enjoyed meeting many of the Esprit folks at all these events.

Future plans for this year include the VanDusen ABFM and the West Coast Lotus Meet.  Unfortunately LOG33 at the Glen won't fit this year.  Hoping to get a few items sorted on the Esprit, with an eye toward the Track day at Kent.

http://www.westerndriver.com/?page_id=5288

http://www.elcc.org/2013wclm/

The new car presents very well, just needing a bit of attention; sure I will have a few specific questions going forward.  I chatted with the previous owner this morning and he was extremely helpful, filling in info on recent maintenance, a few bits to pick up, etc.

Look forward to seeing you folks down the road and participating in the forum.

post-4924-0-42618300-1359240271.jpg

post-4924-0-77899100-1359240285.jpeg

Stu Calgary Alberta ' 69 Plus 2 '0 0 Esprit V8

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hello Stuart.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new purchase. You've got a couple of great looking cars there! Was the Esprit a local purchase?

Yes it was Mike.  I purchased it at our local Porsche store; the PO had traded it in before Christmas.  I found it listed on the Autotrader web site.   The distinctive CF wrap was only done a few months before the PO sold the car.  Although pretty much stock, it has an amazing stereo system in it.

The car was originally sold in the US and brought up to the Calgary area two owners and about four years ago.  Don't know for other Canadian V8's, but this one has odometer & outer speedo scale in mph. Also does not have DTRL's.

Thanks for the welcome & complements. I should explain the slightly shabby appearance of the Plus 2.  That's the phone pic I took immediately after returning from LOG32 in Orlando, which was close to 6,900 miles round trip as we came back through Texas and Colorado to avoid Sandy.  Figure the Esprit will be a better highway car. :-)

Hope to be down your way this summer.  Should have mentioned I really enjoyed the dinner last year the BC Lotus Club and Evergreen Club from WA arranged after the ABFM.

Edited by stugilmour

Hi Stuart and welcome to TLF. :welcome:

Lovely looking pair of cars.

Any questions or issues with using the forum, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Welcome to TLF!

6900 mile trip to LOG is dedication, well done!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Thank you Gary.  Looking forward to getting down your way in the spring.  Perhaps we could arrange an informal get together with Mark et al.