free hit
counters
lost for words(and almost my life!) - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

lost for words(and almost my life!)

Had brake judder on my Lexus is300 so took into garage to have front discs changed (under warranty) again. This was a couple of weeks ago, just before the snow and ice arrived. Collected car and was told that it had been road tested and was perfect. The brakes didn't feel right somehow but I put it down to the pads needing to wear into the new front discs. Next day it snowed heavy, but I use the car everyday for business and found it a real handfull to control when braking, infact the car was a bloody pain to control! Snow cleared Sunday so gave it a good wash, noticed that the rear discs were very rusty which was odd as the car had just been driven. I looked closer at the wheel and noticed something hanging behind it.... a brake pipe clamp, yep, they had clamped both the rear brake pipes and forgotten to take them off!!  So I had covered 1000 miles in the snow and ice with no feckin back brakes!!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you need a lawyer!

I once had rear shocks fitted to a car at ATS, picked it up and was driving out when i noticed that had not bolted the tops down.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Hardcore Chris! Try in the snow with the handbrake up a click or two next time :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Then I'd suggest it was not road tested and perfect. :no

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Brutal.  A mistake, or negligence?  On the other hand, this is one of those instances where one can take pause and decide how much fun can be had with the dealership.

For example, you could drive the car to the dealership, talk to the service advisor under some nonsensical pretext, and then casually ask if any of the mechanics might, perchance, be missing any brake pipe clamps? And by the way, could they please check an odd clunking sound coming from the rear of the car?

I am certain others could come up with even better, more devious fun...  

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg