free hit
counters
Up your S - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
mdavies

Up your S

I’m posting this on Evora Chat because if my Evora was an S, I’d be interested. It’s tentative and I have no firm knowledge. (Couldn’t find a mention on the Exige V6 threads - if already well discussed somewhere, please delete this post!)

The EXIGE V6 Cup R, in addition to all the special cosmetic stuff - ok, some is useful - does actually gain where it matters, according to the spec sheets on Lotus’ site.

The Cup R engine is listed at 366 PS @ 7,200 rpm and 413 Nm @ 5,000 rpm.

The Evora S (and other versions of the Exige V6) are 350 PS @ 7,000 rpm and 400 Nm @ 4,500 rpm.

(I’m ignoring what may be a misprint for the Cup R Nm in lb ft. )

The percentage increase doesn’t seem much, but noting the higher revs at which the peak power is gained, I’d guess at something worthwhile across the rev range. It’s possible that the supercharger operation has been boosted, but I’ve had a hint that the extra comes from a bolt-on change to the engine that would give a general torque boost.  I’m guessing that aspect might readily be fitted to other S motors.  I do not know whether there might be ECU or other changes as well.  But if I had an S I’d be looking into the matter.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

May be exhaust manifold?? or tune?? that what it does to the S moves peak power out to redline and torque down to 4500-5000, the curve is very flat in this region so it can be one 1 point difference over 500+ rpm

these are very different cars from a usability standpoint.. Ask yourself if daily comforts matter. If so, go with the Evora. If not, the Exige is a more compelling choice for the track enthusiast.

Scott, I meant to suggest that it might be possible to use whatever has been done on the EXIGE V6 Cup R on an Evora S.  The best of both!

And I have reason to believe (I won't say "know") that an important element of the "whatever" is the intake system.

ah I getcha. do you think Lotus would offer these parts for non-exigev6 owners? highly unlikely when they refused to sell a 2012 leather interior trim piece (for handle covers) to a 2010 owner!

You can order whatever parts you want, I can't see any dealer in their right mind stopping that :huh:

I have a dealer account with Lotus and they've never refused to sell me a part, they've never even asked what car it's going to be fitted to. I'd look for a new dealer mate...

If anyone is interested I have a thread over on Seloc re air intakes on my S. Look for Evora final afr and rr graphs.

( I can't paste the link here- it doesn't work)

Ciao,

I heard that the Exige R has an upgraded exhaust system, intake and map.

That was from Lotus themselves. I was at the time trying to get them to supply me with the exhaust system they used for my S but the made technical {jedi mind trick type}, excuses :huh:

Bob

Risingsun,

Doubtless you know that the exhaust has been found a fruitful area for the S, with the usual names mentioned.

The inability to remap is an issue re improving the inlet side, even on the NA as I discovered.  I could not use an optimum flow intake and maintain a safe AFR at all rpm.  And 2ubular cannot give assurances that the NA ecu can handle their full exhaust system together with even the standard Radium intake. The NA intake I run (sub-optimum but safe AFR ) is better than the standard Radium so with that I cannot take the risk of fitting a decent exhaust as well. Full stop!

I was under the impression (I think) that the exhaust on the Exige & Evora is the same thing.

The standard Exige S has the same exhaust as the Evora S (bar a different length decat pipe). However, the Exige Cup R uses different manifolds that don't have pre-cats and a different Silencer that does away with the valve.