free hit
counters
Rear CVJoint Cross Reference? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
DayOff

Rear CVJoint Cross Reference?

Anyone have any details on the cross reference for the rear CV joint?  I need to pickup a new flange, just wondering if anything was discovered, as there were a few threads looking at Porsche 930's and some other directions out there..

Pete

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think I may be on the right road..looks like I need a 930 CV joint flange, 105mm size with 94mm bolt pattern and wide angle travel design...

Thanks - I eventually tracked this down...basically it's a fairly common "930 flange" used on dune buggies.  The 930 is the important part, as it has the larger CV joint sizing that matches the esprit.  I saw a lot of postings mentioning 911 and such, but these were usually smaller CV joint sizes, and there were even some ebay auctions that mentioned '930 flange and boot', only to arrive a smaller size.  Anyone need some 911 boots or flanges? :)

So, if someone else reads this and is going through the same thing, just make sure to verify the sizing.  The next issue was that, even though it says 930 flange, the Esprit and the Porsches seemed to all have m10 hex bolts, but of course the nice 930 flanges I found are sized for 3/8" bolts, so somewhere along the line, the dune buggy world started adapting these for their own ease of use...

The other consideration is finding the right wide travel flange that also uses the triangle shaped boot...it's out there...and looks more like stock than the big goofy boots for the 930 flanges I was running across...

In looking at my original Esprit flanges, the holes were oversized slightly (more than 10mm), so that's a consideration.  Also, in speaking to a tech, they suggested gaskets for the flange to the joint as well...(which I didn't see any sign of on my joints), so  I picked these up online for fairly cheap from yet another supplier :) 

Pete