free hit
counters
Tyres Preference - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
rizla603104

Tyres Preference

Is it still best to go with Goodyear tyres on the Esprit - or has anyone found better? I currently have Goodyear Eagle F1 all round. Still the right choice - as I have to get two new fronts.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

When I had my S4 I changed from Dunlops to Toyo T1R ........complete change of car hadling and grip in all weathers was amazing. just changed the 350 from toyo to michelin Pilot Sport 2, even better than the Toyos, just my findings, but everyone has thier own favourites.

I recently put the new tread pattern Toyo T1R's all round on my Esprit and find them very good.

I swapped from Toyos to Goodyear Eagle F1s on my first Esprit and have stuck with the Goodyears on my current car, finally replacing the front Dunlop SP 9000s after a catastrophic failure a few weeks before Christmas.

Years ago the Eagle F1s topped a tyre test in one of the magazines and I've stuck with them ever since for all my cars. Never been disappointed although the two new fronts are the new asymmetric pattern (rather than the older V shaped tread) and I haven't really done enough miles yet to give a verdict. So far so good though.

Edited by hedgerley

Personally I don't drive my car on the main roads like I'm on a race track, yes I have a very fast car ! but it's capabilities far outweigh mine, I know that, so I don't pretend I'm Ayrton Senna. 

So as long as the tyres meet the required speed rating, last a decent amount of time and don't give me the heebie jeebies every time it rains I'm happy.

Saying that, I used to own a Supra TT and put Pirelli Pzeros on it once at a recommendation, now! they did scare me when it rained, they may as well have been made from Teflon, so I've never used them again.

Got Toyos on my S4s at the moment and find them perfectly fine, decent price, good reputation, and I'm not parked in a tree, so can't be bad.  :D