free hit
counters
Wear in pod lift arm/spindle - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mdw

Wear in pod lift arm/spindle

There is a good 20 degrees of free play beween the spindle on the motor and the rotary lift arm that attaches to it.  Has anybody had the same and how did you deal with it?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

From memory there is an adjustment screw on the end of the gearbox that tightens the armature  adjusting that to be just enough so that it can move but not have any longitudinal play that should reduce the angular play a lot.

Cheers Andy............. Its even worse than I thought!!!!!. I hadnt accounted for the movement in the armature.  However with your sugestion I can getr rid of that when I rebuild the motors ( kit from Sjs on way).  The rest of the free play is just wear in the flat drive faces of the spindle to lift arm join.  I had thought of a spot of weld on them but it will be a nightmare filing that out with a needle file and it really needs to be a snug fit.  I could heat it up and apply a little pressure from my 10 ton press to the arm edges then file it to fit?

post-1261-0-29392700-1359839346.jpg