free hit
counters
look for bits of trim - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi I have a 88 carb turbo and I'm looking for bits of trim anyone have a list of what cars they were pinched from. Ie the seat belt plastic cover slots coming out of the rear window fire wall. Mirrors, all switches, gear knob and anything else.

Many thanks Matt

Edited by mattthesparks lotus esprit

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think I spoke to you at Brands Hatch :)

If you have the early square door mirrors they are from a Ford Fiesta/Capri, they come up ebay a lot

Gear knob I believe is from a Renault, but I just fitted a copy of a momo knob from ebay.

You can get the seat belt cover slots from SJ Sports cars.

I'm also looking for a rear view mirror as mine has snapped, but I may get it back together with some metal glue.

And, as if by magic,

The shop keeper appeared

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Esprit-Seatbelt-Bulkhead-Trim-and-4-x-pop-rivets-/321067599420?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ac11ec63c&_uhb=1

A bit scabby but once cleaned are likely to be better than the SJ remanufactured ones, if the finish on the number plate plinths is anything to go by.

The ebay seller name is a little concerning though!

Well, the SJ part number is the same for S3 and onwards at least as far as 1993- same part number. 

Simon

I have a number of bits from an 1990 SE, gauges, switches, seat belts etc not sure if they are same as yours, happy to do a list of what I have if that helps

Dave