free hit
counters
Brake Telltales (Warning Lamps) - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
samsa

Brake Telltales (Warning Lamps)

All of a sudden my two brake related telltales (parking brake (P) and brake system failure (!) don't flash up on ignition (V8 MY99). I checked the lamps, plugs, fuses and all visible wiring and everything seems to be in order. All the others work just fine, including the ABS. So before I take on the painful task of checking all the wires underneath the dashboard and so on, I just thought maybe somebody can point me in the right direction? Could the parking brake micro switch, cause both lights to fail?

Thanks for your help

Edited by samsa

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

ABS is a different system, so that the ABS works doesn't mean anything in this case (you have the yellow tell tale or it)

..you can test the fill-level sender for the brake fluid ..if the light dos not glow red than there is a fault in the wiring for those t ell tales I gues (to undo the instrument cover on the '98 on cockpit is not a hard job, it is the easiest one of the whole ownership time you will experience ;)

most of the front/interiour wiring is fused by fuses in the front-luggage compartement ..there are some 5-Amp for such cases like instrument illumination and such things, as far as I know  

-would need to take a look into my car next time, or you could simply download the workshop-manual and read the wiring plans for yourself