free hit
counters
Air vent direction problems - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Kip

Air vent direction problems

My car is currently having a few problems sorted.

One of which is the control of the air direction, it seemed to be stuck on windscreen only. I tried (whilst parked) putting the fan on full speed direction on feet then getting on my hands and knees leaning in to the foot well couldn't feel any air/heat put still blasting out of the windscreen vents tried the same for the 'face vents' put control on vents fan full again blasting out of the windscreen- it doesn't seem to matter what position you select it stays on windscreen......

When I took the car in the service manager said, 'yes sound like a duct off or similar' now over the phone they are telling there's nothing wrong and it will be explained when I collect the car.

I have asked for further clarification because I want it sorted before I collect (it will have been three weeks as it is) don't want to have to leave it again or take it back.

I had a feeling I was going to get the 'they are all like that sir' response but have had two demo's on week long test drives I don't think (although can't be sure) they were the same.

Any feed back much appreciated, anyone had similar problems or is there some strange thing where it will only work screen with AC on and full heat? I didn't try turning the AC off but can't believe that would make a difference......

Dave

Edited by Kip

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Dave,

For what you've described, it sounds like there is a issue. I have a MY10 car and my heaters can be directed as per the piccies on the top dial, no problem.

Bear in mind that dealers have to get Lotus to agree to pay for the warranty work, or the dealer is out of pocket. If the dealer can't explain the problem back to Lotus, you could have a manufacturer that doesn't feel like they believe that there is a problem (and doesn't actually want to) and a dealer that can't get paid for the work. The easy answer - to fob off the customer, but only once they've come all the way to collect their car. I know, as I've had this myself with a windscreen leak.

Sudders

Good to hear that its not a 'they are all like that" otherwise I wont be using it when its too cold as my feet will freeze and when it's hot I'll melt if I can get cold air from the 'face vents!!

Quick update and a little feed back required.

Car is back and the vent direction now seems to be working but very slowly between positions, the dealer says they'd haven't done anything and they are all like that. It's the strangest thing I would bet money on it not working at all before but sure enough warm feet coming home and sitting in their car parking playing with the controls it seemed to be moving all be it VERY slowly between positions- maybe 1-2 minutes between turning the control and feeling the change.

Is this normal?

Also the reversing camera is now working but pretty rubbish picture, nothing like as good as the 2012 demo I tried I'm wondering if the camera is shagged or has water in it or maybe just not as good on 2010 cars / alpine screen not as good?

Cheers

My car is currently having a few problems sorted.

One of which is the control of the air direction, it seemed to be stuck on windscreen only. 

I had that problem when I first got my car (MY '12). It was stuck for a few days and then inexplicably corrected and I haven't had a problem since, in 100°F summer heat with the A/C on to days like today when it was about 20°F. I know that's not much help...unless your also mysteriously corrects itself.

Cheers Moxie, all helps- does yours take ages to change between fan positions? I've lost count of the number of cars I've owned over the last 26 years (5 of them Lotus) can't remember one being so slow to change when you select a different position!

Dave

I've had 5 Evora's and think it takes possibly 10 seconds to move from one extreme to the other, all of them the same. Not a quick process, but much quicker than yours.

Mine redirects air ok between the 3 positions, but I get very little air out of the door vents unless I close the dash vents. Is that normal?

It was even worse originally until I discovered that the plastic ducts in the door weren't attached at the inlet side (near the hinges). 

I've had 5 Evora's and think it takes possibly 10 seconds to move from one extreme to the other, all of them the same. Not a quick process, but much quicker than yours.

Interesting- maybe I'm paranoid but seems strange that it never worked (the change of direction) in the three weeks I drove it from collection and then works again when it's back at the dealer, but takes ages to move and 'they are all like that sir'.

Would the dealer have reason to not want to fix this, is it a major dash out job or something?

Perhaps I'm not being fair- I'll try it again and time it front windscreen to feet see how long it takes.

Cheers.

Cheers Moxie, all helps- does yours take ages to change between fan positions? I've lost count of the number of cars I've owned over the last 26 years (5 of them Lotus) can't remember one being so slow to change when you select a different position!

Dave

No, mine changes in just a few seconds. Brendonian mentioned three positions, but my car has five. 

Are you sure? :huh:

For sure:

post-6978-0-77753400-1361219209.jpg

I said 3, but that was just a guess from memory.

So, does anybody else feel that they don't get much air from the door vents?