free hit
counters
Esprit GT3 and one touch windows - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Loose Cannon

Esprit GT3 and one touch windows

There was a thread on this a long time ago but can't find it....

For whatever reason the GT3 didn't get one touch windows, which I think was been standard on the Esprit since the S4 and the General Motors parts bin raid.

Someone once asked about refitting these to the GT3 and it wasn't as simple as swapping a relay, IIRC it may even have involved changing the window lift motors form another model (Calibra, Omega something like that).

Can anyone recall the details or know what is involved in the swap?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Been checking the parts catalogue and it looks like not just different motors but a different harness in each door (Federal spec). So it's find a breaker (which means dealing with someone like Douglas Valley) or try a DIY aftermarket kit.

From the wiring diagram, the window lift motors are different and driven by individual relays for raising and lowering on the LHD non one touch system.

Seems a big expensive job Mark just for one touch windows, really worth it?

Found a kit on Ebay, actually the same one that is reviewed on Lotus Esprit World, for not too much, plus fittable to any car.

What I've found is that when using toll booths with the window down at crawling speeds, I can't accelerate away as quick as my finger is on the button raising the window instead of changing gear, and the windows are slow by modern standards.

Admittedly this is more of an inconvenience when abroad, and we probably won't be doing that until next year. Such a daft thing to deliberately leave out of the spec on an expensive car