free hit
counters
Advise please on Exige Cup 260 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Buzz

Advise please on Exige Cup 260

Hi,

First of all, hello everyone! Hope you can guide me with some of your practical experiences.

Seriously considering to buy the Cup 260 (2010 model), but....

- this is going to be my daily runner, is it practical enough?

- I live in Dubai so AC is a must. Is the single AC unit powerful enough to cool the car in 50C heat?

- Can I remove the fire extinguisher from the passengers footwell? (not planning too many track days (yet))

- Where can I download owners and service manuals? (no Lotus dealer in Dubai... gonna have to do most myself)

Cheers,

Buzz

Edited by Buzz

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF Buzz. :welcome:

Can't help with any sort of advice on the Exige, but people will come along that will be able to help.

Any other questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

Sorry to say but you will need to look elsewhere for a daily driver... The Lotus AC unit will work hard to cool your hands in the desert heat.

Was an uprated ac system not fitted to cars destined for the middle East?

I also work in the Middle East, so I understand how hot it gets.

I toured Europe in August, where the temps in Spain got pretty high, albeit not as high as Dubai, but still up in the high 30s. My AC coped fine with this, and I'd eventually have it set to low, as it was too cool on 3rd setting. I reckon it should be fine mate. And your roads are also a better standard than UK roads, which should make it a sweeter ride in the cup.

Gulf States cars would be the same as the Australian Cars:

1. Twin oil coolers standard

2. twin fans on the rad

3. aircon standard.

Get a "lotus sport" sticker across the top of the windshield, tint the windows (legal there, infact you can tint the windscreen from the cars i've seen in Dubai).

The cabin is tiny, and the aircon will work fine, unless you leave the car sat outside without a foil reflector for the windscreen.

we had the fire extinguisher removed by the factory when we bought ours back in 2010, only difficult bit is getting items in/out of boot.

don't see why you couldent use as a daily drive if your roads are that good and fuel is that cheap!!