free hit
counters
Anyone had the car "detailed"? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Kip

Anyone had the car "detailed"?

Has anyone had the car detailed? If so by who and how much did it cost?

Also can the deal with scratches as well or just polish?

Cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

TLF are arranged a day with Supercar Detailing in Kent shortly, would you be interested in your car going there as the 'demo' vehicle, with suitable discount?

http://www.supercardetailing.com/

Rob who runs the business is a friend and recently did GKP's V8 Vantage, here's the 50/50 shot! 

534592_501661103201786_1977814077_n.jpg

Hi Bibs, possibly- Kent is a bit of a shack but might be worth it!

The position is complicated with regard to the supplying dealer, I don't really want to broadcast the story (so far) on here can I PM you with the details?

Dave

As soon as the weather clears for a couple of days I will be detailing the purple nasty. I have my DAS-6 some cutting compound, blue tape and loads of cloths. I am really looking forward to it.

A local company are going to do it in a few weeks time (a little paint issue to sort first) I'll post some pictures before and after and let you know how it goes.

Today's its not as hard to remove these swirls marks as they are in past. because the different pad are available with electric grinders which can do hours job in minutes. and also many swirl mark removers are available for removing them instantly and mostly people prefer to do themselves. 

I am having mine done on the 10 July. Its got quite a few swirls and scratches from the previous owner and I am hoping it will look like the pics above, going from 'swirly' to 'glossy'! I'll post pics.

Had this done yesterday by a local guy who I found on PH. He took a day to do it and charged 175. He said my paintwork was pretty good anyway and i forgot to take any before and after pics but tbh I doubt they'd show too much. The paint in some lights looks much smoother and the metallic seems to stand out more.

Graphics next...