free hit
counters
'83 Turbo USA, correct jets? - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
johnghini

'83 Turbo USA, correct jets?

I searched and read the similar posts but was wondering if there is a recommendation for proper jetting in or around sea-level.  My car currently runs a 160 Main / 230 Air and had previously lived at around 6000 ft.  Now that it lives at near sea-level, I am wondering if that 230 Air is too lean?

Seems the factory specs for the carbs on my car are the 160 / 230.  Anyone have experience in reducing the air jet down to a 210 or 200?  

Thx! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I believe my 83 has the same jetting (Nor Cal). What size idle jets do you have? You spend much of your "cruising" speed on this circuit.

Best,

Jeff

I believe my 83 has the same jetting (Nor Cal). What size idle jets do you have? You spend much of your "cruising" speed on this circuit.

Best,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

My jets are: 160 Main, 230 Air and 55 idle.  

I am new here and new to the G-body Esprits so it's a good place to be.  I am in the process of doing the fuel tanks and all ancillaries which is a real pain.  Also sorting out the emissions equipment and tons of misc items.  I am trying to get it ready for the Targa California as i have always wanted to participate.

Thx,

John

John,

Try going up to 60 on the idle jets, I am currently running those at the moment. You can get them from CB Performance (Claudes Buggies) in So Cal or you can order the originals online. If you dont have the tool to adjust the (tamper proof) idle mixture screws on the Esprit you can also order the standard replacements that allow you to use a flat blade screwdriver. You will see the exploded views on CB's website to the parts needed. 

I have been down this road so feel free to email me pics or questions. If you dont have the factory service/ parts manuals I would recommend you join (fee) this site to get access to them via this site. If your car is missing the emissions decal under the rear boot I can send you a photo.

Best,

Jeff

[email protected]

Edited by trackmagic