free hit
counters
Evora with 400 bhp "OEM"? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Snoopy1969

Evora with 400 bhp "OEM"?

At another place relating to Lotus in the US I have read that someone (from outside Europe, even outside the US) mentioned that his friend has a 400 bhp Evora. I asked him via pm of the origin of that upgrade and he answered: "OEM from Lotus dealer".

Does anybody know what that "upgrade / kit" might be and if you could get that in Europe too?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Komo Tec has a 390 HP kit.

http://www.komo-tec.com/LOTUS-Evora/Leistungsphasen-Evora/S/Phase-1S-Evo-Ra390-Mehrleistung-ca-45PS::669.html

Consisting of manifold, sports cat, air filter and software update. You'd probably need a different supercharger pulley to get to 400.

Komotec won´t be mentioned as "OEM" I think?

Also I asked the guy if this kit contains of komotec or "old-fire" parts and I just get the answer as mentioned 

There is to date no OEM-Kit from Lotus to get more power excepting the race car versions (GT4, etc.).

However, on Lotustalk there is ramtim1000, who installed the Lotus SC in his NA. Together with CAI, headers, etc. he claims 400 bhp. But, I believe since his engine blew due to issues with the CAI.

Short of the Evora GTE, there is no OEM upgrade kit.  Sounds like it is the KoldFire 390 upgrade.

At another place relating to Lotus in the US I have read that someone (from outside Europe, even outside the US) mentioned that his friend has a 400 bhp Evora. I asked him via pm of the origin of that upgrade and he answered: "OEM from Lotus dealer".

Does anybody know what that "upgrade / kit" might be and if you could get that in Europe too?

I assume they're talking about a GTE

Well, on a photo of the engine cover from that car you could see that the car has "normal" air intakes not the ones like the GTE. So I guess no GTE and also: I think the GTE was supposed to have around 440 bhp?

Well, on a photo of the engine cover from that car you could see that the car has "normal" air intakes not the ones like the GTE. So I guess no GTE and also: I think the GTE was supposed to have around 440 bhp?

What photo? No 400Hp except after market or the ultra elusive GTE street model.  As to aftermarket, I pushed and shoved towards 400 Hp with 12 hours on the dyno but still came up short.  Ramtin got to 400Hp+ with AFR mismangement and blew his engine. now he is about where I am, with more conservative and controled AFR's, .. headers, tune, Hiflow Cat, and on mine a BOE custom intake. 

Edited by Julian73

@@@julian73

this is the photo:

it was mentioned that this car should have 400 bhp (?) as said, from the air intakes it should be no GTE

post-14744-0-89290100-1362471104.jpg

Edited by Snoopy1969

Not that you can see much but looks standard, except for the 55 Hp red composite Engine Cover option.

Edited by Julian73

Must be Chinese Horsepower. I think they have smaller horses :getmecoat:

Shetland Islands?

So coming back to my original question I sum up the answers as follows:

- No............

( of course I was aware of getting the helpful answers concerning the red Engine cover - Thats why I haven't send it first.......)

( of course I was aware of getting the helpful answers concerning the red Engine cover - Thats why I haven't send it first.......)

Somewhere here or there I posted my painting of my SC in red crackle paint titled the thread "Supercharge Hp gain"; as we all know that adds the highest power to weight ratio.

Edited by Julian73

I don’t know why it wouldn’t be safe.  They are Giella LEDS which are “Intense heat and fire resistant”.

Considering that they are not mounted on the engine but merely projected onto the engine, I doubt they would melt any faster than the plastic wire loom, wiring or wire plugs that virtually sit on the engine. The selling demo actually shows a torch placed directly onto a lit strip with no ill effects except carbon deposit and the lights were still shining brightly afterwards.

For the photo, one was mounted on the forward engine cover mounting bar and one was on the rear aluminum boot heat shield. Both are areas that have several inches of gap from touching the actual engine. Although they are no longer mounted and they were there as a joke and to take some photos, they were in place for several weeks with absolutely no sign of radiant heat or fire damage.

whoa thats cool, although it gets crazy hit in there. w onder if that's safe...

I liked the red lights  :getmecoat: Not so much the one under the cover but the one shining down was cool.  :smoke: