free hit
counters
Pre purchase check list - advice please.. - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
auRouge

Pre purchase check list - advice please..

Morning All,

Will formally introduce myself after I've actually purchased her...

Just about to put down a deposit on a 2010 Launch Edition Evora! It's from a Lotus dealer but I thought it would be a good Idea to do a bit of research (half the fun!)

Things I will ask the dealer include:-

1 ECU, for abuse

2 X 3 recalls

Heater/a.c. unit drain tube freezing causing poor demist performance 01/02/2010 Fix to solve poor demisting performance during the winter months due to water freezing and blocking the drain hole.

Fix carried out at owners request.

Replacement of exhaust muffler flexible mountings 01/02/2010 Upgraded silicone material on exhaust mounts to improve

Fitment of 'in-line' fuse to alarm siren circuit 01/02/2010 Fix to ensure doors automatically unlock in the event of an accident.

3. Sat Nav and camera

4. Transmission noise in low gear at low revs (car has had the cables replace)

5, Central Locking

6. Latest ECU update

Like I say, I will introduce myself properly once the deposit is down! Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

A

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not much else to add, just the usual used car stuff: wear of consumables like tyres and pads (inc anything unusual like different wear left to right), stone chips and scuffed wheels. Worth checking for wear on the seat bolsters and a wonky passenger airbag cover - fixable under warranty but an LE car is likely to be out of warranty already or very soon.

The dealer will be able to see if any updates are outstanding when they put the details in their computer.

Check gear change is not stiff when cold and no noise from the clutch when idling (rattle).

Oh and the chrome around the rear lights.

The dealer will be able to see if any updates are outstanding when they put the details in their computer.

Check gear change is not stiff when cold and no noise from the clutch when idling (rattle).

Oh and the chrome around the rear lights.

Yes good one to remember the chrome light surrounds, didn't notice on mine until I got it home looked awful mostly white plastic with little bits of 'chrome' left- cost about £160 supplied and fitted for black 2012 MY replacements  :ouch:

Goog luck - you will love it!

A few niggle checks

Check the Audio Sub in the back works, (and not that all the bass has been sent to the front speakers to cover a dead sub)

Check the Satnav works.

Check your phone pairs with the Stereo

Tug and push on the steering wheel if there is little "pop" which feels like play in steering column get it fixed (just a shim)

Check the latest flash SW for the heater is added.

Check for rattles under the front on bumpy roads on the test drive (bushes).

Check all the carpets  and boot for moisture.

Check the radio reception is ok for the station you want to use.

Check boot opens and closes ok (try a few times) same for glovebox and door locks.

Check the trims on the outside of the A pillar are not cracked.

Check all of the paint protection film is not peeling.

Erm that's all i can think of for now!

Morning,

Thanks to TomE, Softlips, Kip, Spinagain! Great bit of advice.

Have checked almost all those items with the dealer, I didn't pay too much attention to the stereo on the day but was told that it had been replaced last year, will check it as briefed before driving away!

To back up the history the dealer went through every bit of work carried out on the car from new (gave me a copy too) All of those items and more have been rectified under Lotus Warranty. The Lotus Dealer was knowledgeable and friendly... Everything I asked was answered... that's how to buy a car!

So I've done it... TaaDaaa!

She's a Sept 2010 Evora with all the packs plus Forged wheels and a Stage one Lotus Sports Exhaust! Very very excited.

Cheers,

A

post-15194-0-88757400-1361531543.jpg

post-15194-0-49208700-1361531557.jpg

Looks Lush- hope all goes well on collection and enjoy, hopefully the weather will pick up (no more snow please!).

Always nice to get feedback dealers- which one are you buying from?

Kip

Goog luck - you will love it!

A few niggle checks

Check the Audio Sub in the back works, (and not that all the bass has been sent to the front speakers to cover a dead sub)

Check the Satnav works.

Check your phone pairs with the Stereo

Tug and push on the steering wheel if there is little "pop" which feels like play in steering column get it fixed (just a shim)

Check the latest flash SW for the heater is added.

Check for rattles under the front on bumpy roads on the test drive (bushes).

Check all the carpets  and boot for moisture.

Check the radio reception is ok for the station you want to use.

Check boot opens and closes ok (try a few times) same for glovebox and door locks.

Check the trims on the outside of the A pillar are not cracked.

Check all of the paint protection film is not peeling.

Erm that's all i can think of for now!

Brilliant thanks

Yes good one to remember the chrome light surrounds, didn't notice on mine until I got it home looked awful mostly white plastic with little bits of 'chrome' left- cost about £160 supplied and fitted for black 2012 MY replacements  :ouch:

Thank you

Check gear change is not stiff when cold and no noise from the clutch when idling (rattle). Oh and the chrome around the rear lights.

Thank you

Not much else to add, just the usual used car stuff: wear of consumables like tyres and pads (inc anything unusual like different wear left to right), stone chips and scuffed wheels. Worth checking for wear on the seat bolsters and a wonky passenger airbag cover - fixable under warranty but an LE car is likely to be out of warranty already or very soon.

Thank you

Very nice, I had an IPS in that colour scheme, works very well and looks elegant :thumbup:

Looks Lush- hope all goes well on collection and enjoy, hopefully the weather will pick up (no more snow please!).

Always nice to get feedback dealers- which one are you buying from?

Kip

Bell and Colvill, Jamie Matthews is the sales manager. Is all I can say so far is that the experience as a customer has been brilliant.

You're welcome to leave them a review if you liked the service :)

http://www.thelotusforums.com/reviews/listings/bell-colvill/

I'm delaying taking delivery for a bit as I'm really busy but when I do I will give some v positive feedback. Until then if anyone out there is looking at buying the experience I had was very good indeed!

B&C are my local dealer - bought my first Lotus from them 15 years ago and always gone there first when changing. Sadly they haven't always been able to find the right car but have always worked really hard to try. Jamie lent me pretty much every variant of Evora (NA, S, manual, IPS, all the model years) for extended test drives.

Congrats on the purchase. There are a few of us near B&C if you fancy a local blat after you pick it up.

Enjoy. You won't regret it. I have had the most fun in mine that I have ever had in any car. Huge smiles every time I open the garage doors.

Paprika interior! I like it, looks better in real life than photos.

Just arrived through my post box this morning!

It's almost like someone's trying to tell me something... actually I'm starting to feel errr aaaa a bit predictable!

I've only just dug out editions 121, 132, 136 & 138 out of the loft!

Evo is my Bible :-))

Buyers guide in this months Evo!

Cheers

post-15194-0-55333500-1361581596.jpg

Edited by auRouge

3 years later, I'm still grinning ear to ear in this thing every time. I look forward to driving it every chance I can, even if it's my daily commute. Almost out of warranty now but despite the warranty issues I've gone through, I'm keeping it. Too good of a car to give up.

A year and a half later with 14,000 miles on the clock (my car now has 25,000 miles) and three track days I can confidently say my Evora has been great. Glad I checked the items in this thread as they would have been costly and annoying.

Other things to look for if your buying a secondhand Evora:-

1. Check the headlamp lenses for peeling, about £200 to fix

2. Leather stitching on the dashboard tight up against the windscreen separating (will post a photo), I need to speak to Lotus about this, it looks awful..

3. Brake discs juddering (Skim costs £60 a disk and sorts this issue)

4. Windscreen chips (Evora is susceptible)

Otherwise my car has been faultless and reliable, great car and just as reliable as a Porsche!

Anyone else had any problems?

I have the issue with dashboard stitching, my dash is coming out at service so I will get the to look at that

My car had new headlights last year, I am wondering if paint protection film will stop the peeling?

Biggest niggle for me is airbag cover standing proud of the dash, thats why the dash is coming out at next service.

I hate the way the brake disc centres go rusty, but thats just aesthetics.

No windscreen chips for me 48k miles

I have no other issues and am using my car as a daily