free hit
counters
Head lamp pod lift motor rebuild - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mdw

Head lamp pod lift motor rebuild

I have the rebuild kit for the motors from SJs.  When I stripped the gear wheel boxes neither had any grease within the gear  wheel around the 3 dowels ( only on the outside of the wheel). However the instructions in the kit from the USA shows grease in there.  Has anybody fitted the kit and should I uses grease inside the gear wheel  or not.   Although none of the dowels had crumbled they were all deformed and one gear wheel had shreaded teeth which would account for the racket and juddering it made lifting the pod. 

post-1261-0-56397200-1361610736.jpg

post-1261-0-96312700-1361610847.jpg

Edited by mdw

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks Andy, i will do the same.    With the new dowels and the holes in the arms repaired the pods should move straight away rather than half a second later with a load of noise. 

Grease in all of mine ( I have had 4 so far)

Didnt know there was a rebuild kit - Must get 2!

Grease in all of mine ( I have had 4 so far)

Didnt know there was a rebuild kit - Must get 2!

This is for a  88 Stevens .  The kit from Sjs ( which comes from the USA)  has 6 dowels, 3 gaskets  and various nuts and bolts and comprehensive instructions, the one kit does both motors.  If you need a new gear wheel Sjs does them  or the guy in the states does new ally ones rather than nylon. But once all fitted with new joints its nice and smooth rather than sounding like a knackered tractor. 

Edited by mdw