free hit
counters
Evora phone mount - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JonneyB

Evora phone mount

I've always hated the windscreen suction mounts for phones and have been very pleased with the properly fixed mounts that Brodit supply (www.dsldevelopments.com).  Whilst they make a mount for the Elise they do not supply one for the Evora.  However, my car prior to this was a Mini Countryman and I removed the mount before selling it.  Looking at A pillar of the Evora I thought that it might fit despite the fact that the rake is completely different and it does.  The trim inside the Evora is a bit wobblier and not as sturdy as the Countryman but nevertheless it is a still a great place to put the phone as there is very little space elsewhere.

You can also then buy proper holders for the phone that attach to this fixed mount but, being a skinflint, I have just stuck a bit of velcro on the mount with the corresponding piece on the back of the cover on my phone.

post-14934-0-84859400-1361638074.jpg

post-14934-0-59118900-1361638063.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The phone connects to the car via Bluetooth. I can then use it for any music, phone calls and satnav. Before you say I can do all this by connecting it in the glovebox, I find using the Alpine menu and screen way way more distracting than the intuitive and familiar iPhone. It also means I use the same system in each car I drive.