free hit
counters
water pump i think ? - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
garcia

water pump i think ?

Well just got my 2003 orange dream car Esprit and i think the water  pump is out .

Is there abelt that drives it ? is it easy to change ? i feel embarrased asking this.

i was waiting for my son at bus stop and then took of fast .Water vapor came out of engine and when i looked at the engine compartment i noticed a small rubber hose had slipped out of place.

put it back in and re-filled with  coolant . There is no leak and engine sounds good but gets hot

fast. i live in Sw florida near Ft Myers and Sarasota . Any ideas or advice.  thank yoi

garciastein

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Might need bleeding some more to be fair, it's a lot of pipe from the engine to the radiator!

if you run the engine allowing it to warm up with the cap off the expansion tank, are you seeing any big bubbles? Try this with the back of the car jacked up, that'll help the air migrate to the rear and the expansion tank.

Welcome to TLF by the way :)

Bibs , it worked !!!! that was it thanks a million-  u got a new friend in sunny FLA     garciastein

:thumbup: A whole lot easier than fixing the water pump! Glad to hear it :)

Welcome to TLF Garcia. :welcome:

Glad to hear you got the issue fixed. Does the hose that was popped off require a hose clamp to secure it? Just a thought.

Any questions or issue with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)