free hit
counters
EVO magazine photoshoot - Several Elise's required - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

EVO magazine photoshoot - Several Elise's required

EVO have asked if we can help find a number of Elise's for a shoot at Hethel either late this week (unlikely given the timescales) or next (more likely)...

1996 Mk1 Elise

1998 Mk1 Elise 135 Sport

1999 Mk1 Elise 190 

2003 Mk2 Elise 135R

2006 Mk2 Elise S

2012 Mk3 Club Racer

Fuel costs will be covered and a lunch will be provided plus you'll see your P&J in Britains best motoring magazine! The cars will be used on the track but just for photography, not any sort of testing so they won't be driven hard at all. 

Any volunteers?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Guy has a club racer in stock :)

http://www.strattonmotorcompany.com/detail?template=/stratton/hitlistdetail&vid=18685114&model=460&model=460&dgroup=6368&orderby=price_desc&lang=en&country2=GB&noscriptname=1&vids=18481857,19025182,18358891,18685114,18740002&vidindex=3

Sorry about the long link... my weblink button thing is missing.

I will have a think about a few of the others but don't know of any Sport 190's

As long as it's not before the 7th March (I can make 8th March) I should be ok to bring the S1 Elise

Has yours got the MMC brakes Barrie?

Yep although it's not a 1996 model - I think it's a '98 but it's on a private plate.

Edited by Bazza 907

Thanks Barrie :thumbsup:

1996 Mk1 Elise Bazza

1998 Mk1 Elise Sport 135 - Jonathan

1999 Mk1 Elise Sport 190 - Ben Speak - Castle Sportscars

2003 Mk2 Elise 135R - Gary sorting possibly

2006 Mk2 Elise S - Simon Parry

2012 Mk3 Club Racer - Strattons customer

2 deffo's,, 3 possibles and 1 still to find. Keep 'em coming, even the one's we've possibly sorted please :D

Pretty much sorted, thanks everyone :thumbup:

Any other 135R's as my possibly is looking a bit dodgy

Got a Sports Racer which I understand is pretty much the same thing, but with stripes :thumbup:

Different wheels but I personally prefer the Sports Racer so its all good :thumbup:

Oh and a different engine of course :D

And stripes... :thumbup:

Everyone have a good time?

Yep

Bit foggy to start with but we cracked on with a series of static shots followed by some action shots on the track. Lotus laid on a new Exige S for us to blast round the lanes whilst the cars were being photographed. Wow what a piece of kit. Mind boggling fast. Must thank Guy Monday for being a complete superstar and taking his life in his hands by letting us drive the Exige which was LHD so he sat in the middle of the road for most of the time.

We were well looked after by Lotus (Tracey PR lady) and had a great time. Matt Becker took each of the Elises out with Richard Meaden from EVO.

Hopefully there will be a great piece and pics in Evo in a few months time.  

Agreed, enjoyed the day despite the weather, thought we were very well looked after.

Good to meet you too Barrie but if I'd known you had an Essex Esprit I'd have spent the day interviewing you instead (and making you offers for it too)! 

Jonny

I'm a believer in there being a price for everything but for the Essex it would be very very high...

Good to meet you and I hope you had a good trip back.

Good day indeed, and nice to meet everyone. Great collection of cars, and we were very well looked after. Really interesting to see how a day like that is organised (it was surprising how slow the cars are driven at for the moving shots). Pretty cool to meet Richard Rackham and Matt Becker. Enjoyed the outing in the Exige V6 and not at all jealous of Jonny having one on order, for delivery next month.

Might be waiting for a V6 for a while yet, still, enjoying the Spring in my Elise is no hardship. In fact, I will miss it hugely. It has been such a good and joyous car to own.

Barrie, 3 Giugaro Esprits is just greedy! I might have to give you a PM. I have been after an Essex Esprit for years.

Jonny

You can never have enough Giugaro Esprits !!!!  :D

Article is in the month and is a great write up of all the cars by Richard.  Really good to see the Elise variations still so popular and well thought of after all these years and model evolutions.

Thanks again to Bibs for all his organisation of the event.

Read the (half) article yesterday (I-Pad Version) - very nice write up and amazing photos!