free hit
counters
No more 3000rpm limit! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisJ

No more 3000rpm limit!

Since picking the Esprit up from GST in late December after 10+ years off the road, I've driven just over 1800 miles. Went back to GST last week for the running in service, and I'm not limited to 3000rpm any more - although it's 4000 for the next 1000 miles, increasing after that.

I've not seen one other Lotuses on the road over the past two months - apart from at a pub meet, so hopefully the sun will come out a bit more and there'll be others on the road.

Issues noticed over the past two months.

• Fuel gauge not working - new sender unit fitted
  • intermittent wipers stopped working on a long drive in the rain/sleet/snow - new park sensor fitted.
  • nearside indicators not flashing with alarm control (although they did for a couple of days after the run when the intermittent wiper stopped working) - bad earth fixed.
  • heater not outputting huge amounts of heat - working better now.
  • binnacle switch back lights not working - not fixed yet.
  • radio/aerial not working - blown fuse. Aerial motor working, but the aerial not going up and down.
  • occasional hestiancy between 2-3000 rpm - Gerald has worked some magic and it's much better now.

So almost all are electrical issues and mostly fixed. I've also had my engine bay fire extinguisher refitted as the one I bought was twice te size of the one it was replacing - whoops - and it's been too cold and my garage is too small for me to fit it, so Gerald did this for me as well.

I'd like to switch to central locking and possibly upgrade the alarm. I'd also like to switch to a DAB radio with an windscreen aerial - but all of these are for the future.

Chris

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good news chris.Be able to leave the pub 10 minutes later this month then.Had mine back on the road today.They certainly like this cold air

Running in. Got to love it.