free hit
counters
Citroen C35 to UN1 conversion? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MrDangerUS

Citroen C35 to UN1 conversion?

Has anyone done it?

My concern is cost. Parts cost shows a minimum of  $8-9K  (used parts).

Any thoughts?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Its funny and I dont want to talk it up but personally speaking being a member here for about 5 years I can recall many many Esprit owners who have had to take the engine out for a rebuild, but I can only think of one or two who has had to do gearbox rebuilds in that time. Some people have been putting through serious amounts of power and torque too. Im not so sure when all is said and done its really the most fragile part of the Esprit.

Changing is meant to be a real lot of work

Thats just my gut feeling, maybe you could do a search of G car owners posts and see how many threads there have been for each and work it out statistically?

Buddsy

It's quite a conversion, brakes have to be moved (and a way to mount them outboard created), I don't know (I've never compared the two) but the gearbox mounting points may be different on the subframe, gear cables used instead of rods, and all that goes with mounting those. The UN1 is longer so then you have to alter the exhaust not just find a way to mount it.

By the end of planning it I'd personally start to consider buying a damaged later car and transplanting the subframe (chassis) then selling off the other bits to recoup some of the outlay.