free hit
counters
wheels for an s1 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi guys

Ive just bought an S1 in cali thats on its way over the atlantic to me :-) its semi complete but there are things missing like wheels, instrument binnacle, interior bits etc etc... 

i was going to just hot rod it and install an LS1 i have in my shop but as the project developed in planning ive decied to go close to original..but finding a set of S1 wheels has proven to be close to impossible 

i have a set of mesh 5 hole turbo wheels and mounting them on a 4 to 5 lug bolt on adapter is propably what ill do before i find the right 4 lug ones... but what if?.. what weer the 1977 options for wider wheels? compomotive? BBS RS, Ronal turbine?? ? and are such a set possible to find... i would in reality really only need the centers of a period correct set of 3 piece wheels and install the correct inner and outer shells... but do any of you have any input on what wheels to install (the speedlines are alittle easier to find but they werent made untill 1978 as far as i know)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Jakob,

I have a complete set of S1 Wolfrace wheels already packed and ready for shipping if you're interested. Another TLFer wanted them but seems to have vanished. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you photos, etc.

Regarding Speedlines, they require a different rear hub which are practically impossible to find. I think Gavin and I found the last sets.

- Matt