free hit
counters
mild steel turbo manifold - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pete

mild steel turbo manifold

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Pete,

This was developed by us in our workshops over a period of approximately a week.   The fitting cost will vary dependant on whether we can remove the necessary studs etc. without them snapping.

As a guideline for you the last one that we fitted took a day at a cost of £450 + vat.  This was due to the studs unfortunatley snapping

www.fastroadconversions.com

Edited by Fast Road

Pete I take it it's not for your car as that won't fit or are you planning a new turbo setup?

Trevor.

ah did not notice that.Is it only for a gt3?

Any Stevens shape.

Trevor.

Andy

Saw this the other day on ebay.  Why would it not be suitable for an LC turbo?

Phil

Andy,

So have the HC cars got turbos with integral wastegates then?

Trevor.

From memory I thought they had as they were in essence the first few engines that were then destined for the S-body cars. Rather like a large scale test of the new engines.

Could be wrong.

Would this fit mine? I have an early stevens Dec 87 No52. It has the two part exhaust, but has an external wastegate like the SE etc onwards.

Should fit. My concern would be how long it's been in production so as to have decent amount of data for an expectancy of life of it. It is mild steel so should be more able to cope with the stress and strain of the weight of the turbo (as compared to stainless steel). 

Hi,

Just been reading your comments.   If this does not fit your car we can still develop one for you, no problem.  All we would need is your vehicle to be able to do this.

With regards as to how long this has been in production and the life expectancy is a fair comment.

We manufactured this manifold as a one off and saw that there was a market for them, so no, we haven't been doing them for long. As far as life expectancy,  anything we fabricate we guarantee for life, and this turbo manifold is included in that guarantee.

Hope this helps.