free hit
counters
looking for a new Choke cable - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
xavier thivet

looking for a new Choke cable

I m looking for this part ref A089S0764F (Choke cable dash mounted) but this part is obsolete. Any ideas where i can find one?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You can buy the sleve and the inner cable fom Car Builder Solutions http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/category/Control_Cables,b.html  but you will have to crimp it together yourself.   I looked for ages but couldnt find a new cable complete so cobbled one together from cbs.  The retaining clip for the back of the dash is still availble from SJs.   Mine was a later stevens88 n/a but I imagine they are similar.

Are you sure you need it? I mean in over 25 years of Lotus ownership I've never used the choke. If your carbs are set up correctly all weather cold starts are easy after 2 or 3 prods on the throttle.

I never used the choke in the NA, not once (since the cable was seized!)

I got mine from Halfords. Just a regular gear change cable and sleeve.

That gear change cable would be for a derailleur geared bicycle, I presume! I agree that the best approach would be to make something up yourself from bicycle parts...it's just Bowden cable as used everywhere.You can soft solder the cable to the sleeve, too.

My TE starts up first prod using full choke, and then one slowly pushes the lever back in. She doesn't like starting without choke from cold; don't know why, but since the choke works nicely I'm not worried. My Alfas always started with a couple of prods of the throttle to squirt raw fuel down the inlets...and they didn't like the choke at all!