free hit
counters
Opinions on Evora faults please. - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LotusX180R

Opinions on Evora faults please.

I have a 2013 Federal Evora S. THe car is going in for its first service in a few weeks. In addition to the regular oil change/first service stuff they are going to address a couple of recalls.

There are also 3 defects that have cropped up in the short period of ownership that I'll ask them to address, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had these problems and how they were rectified.

1) Wonky right turn signal. It is an intermittent fault that causes the signal to blink irregularly rather than with a regular interval. When this happened on my Subaru it was a bad lamp, but I am pretty sure the Evora is all LED>

2) Reverse lock out. Reverse require an attachment to the stick to be lifted to go into gear. In my car the mechanism doesn't go back down and the car won't go into reverse without multiple (like dozens) of attempts

3)Pioneer unit not working. WHen the car is turned on the pioneer unit is supposed to be on as well. For the first time in a month or so I started the car and no unit. First time it happened. Car has been on the Lotus supplied charger. Battery not dead. Started right up. Checked the fuse and faceplate connection. Still nothing.

I don't really expect any miracles. But if anyone else has any experience I'd would like to know wbout it. Especilly with the Pioneer unit if it is some idiotic thing I did/didn't do.

Edited by LotusX180R

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My 2010 car needed the right hand rear indicator unit changed due to a similar fault. But the actual indicator filament is not an LED, so it's worth replacing the bulb or swapping with the left hand side bulb to help diagnose the problem.

Can't help with the other problems you mentioned as I have an Alpine unit fitted

Good luck

1 are all the bulbs work on that side? That used to have that effect "back in the day" if you had a bulb blown the others would flash faster as per my Esprit. Failing that could it be a poor earth.

All sound nigly faults but nothing too major I would have said. Swift action from your dealer could sort that out easily Im sure!

Buddsy  :welcome:

THe indicator issue is the least of my worries and I am sure it will get sorted by the dealer at the service. If it was out of warranty or not going into service anytime soon I'd probably start tackling it myself as suggested.

Edited by LotusX180R

isn't the EVORA full CAN type in such things -or is this technology of system communication to modern for the latest Lotus cars products?

..so in case of a modern based system, you don't know what you actually activate with the turn signal stalk @home 

;)

*What does the manual of the head unit say about settings/options ..is there a option or switch that allows it to activate the screen 'if prefered' ...so can you still activate the screen/system manually after you have started the car ? (this would indicate the unit itself does work, there is only a signal from the ignition/key missing  ..or the settings in the system are not correct anymore )

Update - incase anyone else runs into these problems

Selecting Reverse - Probably could have fixed this myself - and would have if they wouldn't have paid to tflatbed the car to the dealer and fix it under warranty.  A clip that hold the lockout mechanism to the lever came undone.  It required lifting of the silver trim and gaiter and clipping it back.

SatNav/radio system - Pioneer - The unit totally failed and is being replaced under warranty.  About 1 hour of labor.  Scheduled to be done this week.  Not in dealer stock and had to be delivered.

Indicator light - this one was aggravating as I was told the mechanic could not reproduce it so it wasn't fixed.  Aggravting because it was present when I drove it off the lot at the time of purchase and was present immediately when driving off the lot when I picked it up after first service.  I inspected it when I got home.  Interior blinker erratically blinking.  Rear indicator blinking bright but erratic.  Side marker indicator blinking dim and erratic.  Fron indicator not blinking.  Expect fault is front idicator.  I have told the dealer I expect the parts to be available when I return to have the SatNav/radio replaced.

damn... 2013s still having niggles.. new this time cuz it I have not read any of these complaints with earlier models. :(

my 2013 is perfectly working on the issued items. Anyhow: the IPS is not as smooth as I expected. Between 3rd and 4th in manual modus there is some kind of shiftdelay. I hope it fits itself, caus all other gears work good and in automatic modus all gears are perfect. 

The indicator fault I had it in my old Evora too, sometimes. I replaced the rear light (easy to do) but it was not the point. It is misterious. Anyhow... nothing to complain till now. Pioneer is working perfect. And reverse is automatic by pushing a button. 

Back to my old one, the rear gear was mechanic never a problem. 

Its all fixed now.

The entire light unit on the passenger front was changed out.  The job took a bit of time because of all the stuff that need to come off just to access it.

The radio/nav unit has been replaced as well.  A minor issue with the replacement is the software that gives you the Lotus logo or Evora silouette on the screen is not already programmed in and has to be added.  The dealer did not have the software at the time of install so it has to be done at another date.  Not a big deal, but a bit disappointing that a detail is left out and has to be rectified at a lter date (I live 100 miles from the dealer).

On the way to the dealer for the service the car stalled while stopped a couple of times and the check engine light was on when it got pulled in for service.  THe fault code indicated the throttle body was the problem.  I had noticed earlier that pressing the sport button didn't seem to have quite the same response as earlier - but thought I was imagining a problem because the difference was subtle.  After turning the car on and off a few times the fault cleared and everything went back to normal - including the sport mode effect.

Hopefully this is the last of the issues as we are now full into the driving season.

Lotus changed both my headlights last week under warranty. And the rear ones with flaking chrome.

when you get your replacements for the rear chrome bezels, have them clearcoated or paint them with chrome paint.  The chrome job on it is pretty pathetic.

You can change the splash screen image on the Pioneer unit yourself. I downloaded and installed an Evora image from the web, and it looks better than the one originally installed at the factory!

You can change the splash screen image on the Pioneer unit yourself. I downloaded and installed an Evora image from the web, and it looks better than the one originally installed at the factory!

Good to know..Mind detailing the procedure?

if the Pioneer is the same as the F930BT or 940BT:

you can put a .jpg or .bmp on the Micro-SD and install via System-Settings or you could use the Navgate Feeds software to customize your headunit

Thanks.  I think I understand the tech gibberish.  Does that mean I can customize the unit with any jpg/bmp ?

Thanks.  I think I understand the tech gibberish.  Does that mean I can customize the unit with any jpg/bmp ?

Here's the specs from Pioneer:

- BMP or JPEG files

- Allowable horizontal and vertical size are 2 592 pixels x 1 944 pixels or smaller
- Allowable data size is 6 MB or smaller

And here's the install instructions:

1 Create a folder named “Pictures” on the top-most directory of the SD memory card.
2 Store the picture files in the “Pictures” folder.
3 Insert an SD memory card into the SD card slot.
4 Display the “System Settings” screen.
5 Touch [splash Screen].
   - The “Select Splash Screen” screen appears.
6 Touch [select from SD].
   - The “Select Splash Screen” screen appears.
7 Touch the image to use as the splash screen from the list.
   - The image is displayed on the screen.
8 Touch [OK].
   - The image is set as the splash screen, and the “System Settings” screen returns.

Thanks Rob.  That helps a lot for the tech impaired like myself (Or I guess I could have read the 1/4 page  - out of like, 800 - in the manual).