free hit
counters
what are these guys - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Alex Carter

what are these guys

two water pipes from the block im trying to replace mine as there not to brilliant but im unsure of the thread and size ??? can they be bought new or does anyone have an alternative .

20130317_171724_zpsc82c65f0.jpg

20130317_171729_zps169a5456.jpg

20130317_171735_zps368af5da.jpg

the thread is tapered

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They are shown as being brass connectors in the parts manual, part number A918E0103F, about £16 each.

Alex,

Looks like NPT thread size and possibly 3/8 but can't tell from the picture. I'll have a look at mine when I get home tonight. Don't look like brass to me!

Steve.

as you can see by the rust it is ordinary (formerly zinc plated) steel ..simply the water circuit for the heater-feed & vice versa the water recirculation path on cool down (via the small electric pump) -undo them, clean the thread in the block and measure if you wish ..put the pipes into rust-cleaner/acid ..you can re-plate them new with yellow chromatized look, or simply usem them as they apear, just glew the thread in with Loctite stuff, as it is only sealed by the cone shape of the thread

They are Brittish Parallel Pipe, not tapered. You can buy BPP to AN adapters which come with a metal washer with a bonded rubber gasket on it's I.D. to seal the parallel threads. You need to go to a commerical hose shop, then you can use standard AN fittings.