free hit
counters
question on A/C refill - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wardy

question on A/C refill

Hi Gents

My car is-- my 2002.

The air con has stopped working, I suspect it just requires re filling. I have read the post`s regarding this and have a question with which I hope you can help.

It is seems that it is best to get the system vac cleaned to remove all the old gas, oil and moisture

My question is with regard to oil and gas volume for re fill. 

Dose the vac process mean that the system is completely empty and therefore requires more oil and gas than if it were just "topped up"?

I have the following volumes from the manual

1.2 kg gas, vols for various components -- receiver/drier 28cc , condensor 28cc, evaporator 85cc and compressor 60cc

I am I worrying over nothing ?

Will the staff doing the job know all this

Thanks

Wardy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Mine just seemed to be getting less and less efficient rather than suddenly not working. Got it drained/refilled. Think there was less than 100gm left in the system.

Pretty sure the refill was 1,0 kg in the book.

for a leak test there is first an 'evacuation' additionally with a Vaccum 'hold' test  ...on old systems with long time no service a dryer change is possible to turn out ...and the refill with full oil amount could of course include some contrast-liquid too