free hit
counters
Painting suspension parts. Best way? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PhilW

Painting suspension parts. Best way?

When i strip front suspension really would like to clean up and paint. 

What would be the best coating.  Powder coating is expensive and at the moment more importantly time consuming.

Hammerite?

Also for the springs.  Asssuming i find no problems with them what sould i paint tem with

thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I used por 15 on my chassis. Matt black. I sprayed it on and it looks really good. Utterly indestructable too. Preparation and taking time is the key. It's really really messy stuff. Contrary to what it says on the tin, it does come off your skin. Stays on absolutely everything everything else though. My suspension parts were powder coated. Looks better than the POR 15 IMO but not as robust and as you say, costly.

remove the bushings, have them sandblasted and powdercoated.. its not as expensive as you'd expect.. it lasts forever and looks great.. i have a blasting cabinet and have restored a chevy where i spent countless hours blasting and painting stuff.. but i tell you it just sucks compared to spending a day removing stuff.. and picking up nice clean painted parts and installing them the following weekend without having spent the week in between grinding and painting....