free hit
counters
Clutch kit cost? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rafphillips

Clutch kit cost?

My car goes in late April to have the gearbox sync sorted whilst its out I am going to get a new clutch fitted.

Car has only done 14k miles but given i have noticed the release bearing rattling quite a bit more of late I thought it would be sensible to chage whilst the car is in bits.

Any ideas what the clutch kits cost just so I can ensure price I have been quoted to do it are reasonsonable?

Cheers

Cheers

Raf

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Friction plate is £121 and release bearing £17. If the gearbox is coming out I can't see why they'd charge you anything to change those parts, it's no extra work.

Thanks bibs - We agreed i would pay for the parts and thry would fit for free, I thought the price for the parts I had been quoted seemed a bit high - £500 ish seemed allot will call back tmrw and double check they gave the right quote!!

Have you considered fitting the Evora 'S' friction plate, clutch cover and lighter flywheel while you're at it?

Given the price they gave I think they may have already priced up based on that actually. £500 ish when all added up makes sense but I will call tmrw to make sure. Does make sense though for the sake of £300 ish extra over the bits Bibs listed makes sense to have all the latest bits, they obviously updated them for a reason!!

Spoke to Mike at Williams the £500 is worst case to do all bits (friction plate, cover plate, release bearing, adaptor plate, flywheel).

Probs wont need a flywheel etc but ordered all bits just incase they need them as a min will do the release bearing, friction plate and adaptor).

The upgrade to the S set-up is allot more the flywheel alone is £400 plus vat without other bits.

I don't think I will stretch to that but whilst GB is apart makes sense to replace any bits of standard set-up that could fail as from all the cars I test drive it was obvious the clutch is a weak link in the whole set-up