free hit
counters
Lotus Elise Sports 135 - Wont start after engine replacement - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sports135

Lotus Elise Sports 135 - Wont start after engine replacement

Hi 

I recently had my K series 1.8 engine reconditioned and re fitted it to the car.  The electrics all appear fine when I turn off the immobiliser and insert the ignition key.  Howvere, when I turn the ignition key to crank the engine, there is a loud click towards the back of the engine bay near the ECU, all the lights in the dashboard go off and staf off for about a minute, then the immobiliser indicator light comes back on in the dashboard.  The engine does not crank, there is no sound of the fuel pump being on.  I have tried resetting the inertia switch but it makes no difference?

Any ideas? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Battery flat?

Bad battery connections between the starter and the battery or earth to engine.

The clicking is most likely he starter engaging and then dropping out when the power drops off.

What he said, sounds like a flat battery.

Manual engine rotation might be in order first.

Guys,

Thanks very much.  Have manually rotated engine!.  Attending to battery and connections.  Will let you know,

Regards

Thanks for the pointer, Si. Did try that on an Esprit once. Wouldn't run, but the cambelt change was a doddle. :-)