free hit
counters
Problems running espritmon on my laptop ? - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
philip600

Problems running espritmon on my laptop ?

Hi,

I just need a but of help to get Espritmon to run on my laptop.

I have down loaded it onto my home PC & it opens & runs in test mode fine but I've tried it on my laptop & when I try to open it, it initially start & I get a box with writing in on the right side of the screen & the graphics box starts to open on the left, the triangle symbol appears & them instead of the boxes with the various charts in I just get lines & the box on the right stops scrolling & says, among other things -

lib.objectQUADCTRL version 2009.06.11

DEF : version 0.0.0

version mismatch

My laptop is Intel Pentium Processor 14200 , 2.0 GHz 800MHz FSB

Up to 1244 Mb

3 GB  DDR3 Memory

160 GB HDD

I've no idea what this means but wondered whether my laptop is not upto the job.

Any help appriciated.

Regards, Phil.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Back again,

I managed to get it to load onto my laptop but it will not communicate with my car ?

I've read the posts regarding changing the mode to '0' in cfg\lotus,cfg but I have no idea what this means, can anyone help ?

Thanks, Phil.

Ok, with the help of Vulcan Grey I've managed to get it working & it's come up with code 56 TST fail, can anyone tell me what that means ?

Phil.

It's the same as error 32, brake switch open circuit or a hydraulic leak cause the pump to run without the brake pedal being applied.

Thanks Derek, Gunter has said the same. I've found the brake section in the manual now, it is not in alphabetical order for some reason. I've just checked & my brake lights are intermittent so looks like switch is sticking. The pump doesn't run without pressing the pedal so it's not a fliud leak.

Phil.

Looking at one ECM, all you Guys have Smart Ones..Yes.    down load the Torque and then buy a Blue Tooth adapter off E bay.

the app is about £3-4 the Blue tooth gizmo about £24 for descent one. Where ever you are, in what ever OBD2 car you can look see & play... but this App does a whole lot more... 0-60  bhp etc etc

Rob - 4 pot cars use ALDL, not OBD-II.

I'm still having problems running Espritmon on my Windows 7 laptop.  When I try to open the lotus.cfg file to edit it I get an Adobe error message saying it cannot open the file because it's not a supported file type.  Any help gratefully appreciated in simple language please, and also simple instructions on how to edit the file with notepad would be a help. 

I need to see which ABS wheel sensor is playing up and giving a flashing ABS light.

Update,  sorted it by opening the file with notepad Dooooh

Right click on the file, then from the menu which pops up select 'open with' then from the next menu, pick notepad :)