free hit
counters
WANTED........V8 ECU - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
MartinL

WANTED........V8 ECU

Anyone got a spare ecu for sale??

Anyone got a spare ecu that I could borrow ??.........................PLEASE

Anyone know of a 350 or a V8 in a breakers that could have a ecu for sale?

Anyone out there able to repair my ecu, memory not working and unable to reset etc.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Bump...................

Hi Martin,

Are you sure yours is duff? Do you know what caused it? I would be worried that plugging in a good ECU could have the same issue and kill that one too?

Have been able to query it via the OBDII interface?

My Esprit is off the road at the moment and I could be persuaded to whip out the ECU but I would need some assurances, I hope you understand. How long would you want it for?

BTW Marcus at PUK in Germany did some work for me on a broken ECU a few years ago, he may be able to help.

cheers

-Chris

Chris.

History, car came to me last year with a very healthy 425bhp rolling road printout and allegedly running an "American. high torque chip" all was fine untill october when I tried to start with a flat battery and cleared the memory, car was very slow to re-learn idle settings etc, since then car has seen little use over this long winter but has now shown no memory of cold or hot idle settings and will cut out at junctions and often at slow gear changes,traffic became a nightmare and the car almost unusable,

investigation has revealed a Re-mapp to the ecu and not a chip change, idle control valve etc are working and resetting the ecu will only work with car running and after power off, settings are again lost ! I am waiting to hear from lotus about possible reprogramming or availability of new standard ecu,

I have asked breakers etc and found no used ecu up to now..........................one breaker is happy to sell me an ecu as long as I take the engine with it for 3k+ !!!!

any ides welcome..............

I'd have thought a dealer/ASO could reflash the standard settings back?

Hi Bibs, I hope you are correct, dealer has ecu......................just waiting to hear, I will be on phone in morning!!

:thumbup:

Hi Martin, sorry to hear you're having problems, hope you get it sorted soon.

Looking forward to seeing the 350 at Corbridge.

Phil.

Hi Martin,

How did you get on getting the ECU reprogrammed?

cheers

-Chris

It sounds more like a RAM back up supply failure in the ECU. Reflashing is not going to do anything, it will lose the data when the ignition is switched off.

Shouldn't be a major problem for an ECU expert to resolve.