free hit
counters
She's Alive! - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jammy-pop

She's Alive!

I'm sooo happy! :)

Finished connecting everything back up today. Exhausts on, lubes refilled, coolant replaced, fuel added and finally battery fitted. Final check of everything to make sure I'd missed nothing (apart from the transmission) as that is still on the floor!

Bit of nervous apprehension when inserting the key into the ignition. Will she? Won't she? I knew it would take a while due to the fuel system being dry so turned the key to position 2. Fuel pump started for 3s or so, a good start! Turned the key to crank and over she turned for about 10 seconds. Key back to off. Wait 30 seconds and cranked again. After another 10 seconds or so there was a cough, couple of stutters and then that gorgeous bark as she burst into life! A little rough for about 5 seconds until everything sorted itself out and then nice and smooth.

She warmed up and settled down nicely. I'm well pleased as there were no leaks, no dribbles and no warning lights. Off for a week of sun now so can relax with a smile on my face and will fit the transmission when I get back! Can't wait to get her out for a blast again! :)

Cheers,

Steve.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

good to hear those news ..just an other prove made for the thesis: *those 918engines can be repaired easily in 'homework' -as much as the own machinery allowes it* So good luck with the rest of the work !

Fantastic Steve !! Great boost for your enthusiasm I expect!

Superb day.

Simon

:thumbsup: Always a great feeling when it all comes together and works.

Yes real good news when one goes back together and work! Well done.

Buddsy