free hit
counters
esprit v8 wing /side mirror removal/ refurb - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Alex Carter

esprit v8 wing /side mirror removal/ refurb

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hahhhaaaa! That is one hell of a bodge! Gotta give whoever it was a bit of credit!

I like the bubble wrap touch, very nice!

Steve.

I thought the bubble wrap may have been an anti-spider device. You know how they get in there and you can't even hose the buggers out of there?

Alex, see my signature ;)

the thing is -there in no reason to hail someone for something,  that's it  

..there is a lot of things in the forum and on other places, your Esprit is not the first who suffered from age and the lazyness of the style of production   ..you just need to look around.

If you are interested to show what you do, simply add your tasks there too ..into LEW, it could be helpfull and entertaining for others as well

Very helpful

I've actually got rid of these flappy things off of my esprit I'm keeping them in the parts store aka the wife's cupboard but my lotus is now sporting a set from a Honda instead electric and quite gt looking I experimented with the vw corrado/mclaren f1 type but I think these new ones work and look better

my lotus is now sporting a set from a Honda instead electric and quite gt looking I experimented with the vw corrado/mclaren f1 type but I think these new ones work and look better

Pictures???? ☺

Alex they look a nice replacement, does the mount/plinth cover any marks left by the old mirror & what's that in the second picture, masking???

I used masking tape to give me an idea of were the Citroën mirror was any adjustments I made had to be inside this ring so if I ever swapped back the base plate would cover all evidence of a change . The base plates are of similar size if anything the Honda one a little bit bigger the hardest bit was finding a bit of thick rubber to make a vibration plate for the base as I didn't want a floppy mirror . The wiring was simply testing with a power probe on the Honda then using a multi metre on the esprit wiring and matching up the two . Fairly easy fix but the results are so much better it adds new shape to the car and the lines match well with the cars already stealth looking lines. 

On 1 April 2013 7:21:41 pm, ramjet said:

I thought the bubble wrap may have been an anti-spider device. You know how they get in there and you can't even hose the buggers out of there?

One of my pet hates is spiders in door mirrors and the associated morning cobwebs. I have tried all sorts of things over the years to get the little buggers out but eventually stumbled on a solution. I had the fly spray out in the gazebo to take some mossies down and inadvertently covered a spider hiding in a corner. It dropped like a stone. Idea...get the little WD40 red tube, stick it in the nozzle, poke it behind the door mirror glass and wham. Evil, I know...

Ah Alan - here's a tip for you - go onto Amazon and search for spiderex

its used for spraying on cctv cameras - stops the bstards making webs over the lens. Works a treat too

• Like 1

It's like the reverse of catnip - but for spiders !! They really don't like the smell. Maybe it's a dead Spider stink

i find a jet wash sorts that out .

also if you have cob webs your not using it enough or going fast enough .lol

i once tested a snail on the glass he lasted to 150 then fell off 

Useful article Alex, the two Citroen mirrors on my GT3 are quite floppy and slow and been thinking about replacements, I know owengt3 used Honda items but not sure which ones.

Most spider repellents are peppermint, used to work for a company that makes it