free hit
counters
First run of the year! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Chris Southam

First run of the year!

Greatly enjoyed taking the Esprit for it's first proper run of the year. Despite the cold (and once I'd charged the battery) she had no trouble starting.

Performed very nicely, might have pushed her quite hard on the motorway on the way back!

Here's a couple of photos I took: http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/gallery/slideshow/album-285/

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

but chris, 

I saw this car in Chelmsford just before you bought it and have waatched closely what you have done to it.  Why are you selling after all that work?

I love it, but I don't have the time to dedicate it.

I've been so busy with my little one arriving that taking it out for a drive needs booking into the diary!

Personally, it'd be great to move the car onto someone who can have real fun with it and care for it - rather me leaving it to be occasionally used when I find the time.

no, dont do it. trust me, youll need that drive on your own sometimes.  Kids.............ahhhhhhh! 

I can't argue with your logic Phil but it's got to go.

Although I'm not in a rush to get rid of it (it's not for financial reasons) I really think cars like this deserve to be on the road and to be seen not tucked up on my driveway waiting for their moment!

Nice shots, very good colour.

I have to agree with Phil - don't get rid of it, you will regret it. Mine was stuck in a garage for 10+ years, just back on the road, and I've already done 2000+ miles in my Esprit this year - although yet to be spotted.

Chris

Thanks chaps, really do appreciate the sentiment but it's for sale and I'm happy with that.

My Dad and brother share my love for it but, to say my wife isn't a fan, would be an understatement!

I've appreciated and enjoyed owning it, my knowledge of cars has greatly improved and I've loved the banter on this forum. I'm still hoping to be very much part of the community.

Edited by Chris Southam

Our classifieds too expensive for you? :huh::mellow::lol:

Ummm no not at all, was just doing a soft tentative sale online rather than something full on.

Turns out people are always one step ahead of me!

Hi Chris,

Car looks fantastic. Sorry she has to go. I know exactly how you feel with the lack of time. Drove mine to work this morning, but it's the first time in over a month she's turned a wheel and there are a buch of well overdue jobs that need doing but the baby sucks up all of your free time. If you can keep the Lotus do it. It'll be worth it, especially as you have a car that you know inside out. I still get a kick out of driving mine despite having owned her for 15 years. Being able to only use her now and then makes the occasion even better!

Pete

Great pics Chris! :thumbsup: