free hit
counters
Bulkhead Bolts-Tips on Accessing - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jfitz981

Bulkhead Bolts-Tips on Accessing

Hi All-

I finally got some time in the garage. I attempted the bulkhead fix (the one on LEW) and I was able to do it on the passenger side but the driver side is another story.

Any tips on how you accessed the bolts in the engine compartment on the drivers side (this would be the passenger side on a RHD)?

Thanks.
Jason

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Haha...Thanks Travis....I was hoping though for something a little easier...like maybe someone created nifty tool or something like that.

I have been told that both sides can be done without removing the engine, but I am yet to find out how to get to the LHS one either. :wallbash:

I did mine with engine in situ...a long, deep reach ring spanner was used on the engine side, from underneath whilst an assistant (my dad) was in the passenger compartment with the ratchet...you can use alternatives assistants if need be ;) oh, and as a modification I welded the bolt heads to the clamp plate to turn it into a one person job in future...

Thanks Darren.

Going at it from underneath is now my next step. I like the welding idea as well...when I eventually do an engine out service, I am adding this to my do list.  

My to do list grows daily lol...

Have a good one.

Jason