free hit
counters
The Great British Class Calculator! What are you? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

The Great British Class Calculator! What are you?

British Class system test  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, a little bit of fun! Apparantly we no longer have a 3 class system, we have a 7 class system!!

To keep this anonymous I have made it a poll.

Have a go. I wasn't surprised at mine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22000973

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm established middle class, whatever that means. I think it's because I know a dentist. :huh:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Lol, same here :) I know a Solicitor. Speaking of which, will be interesting to see what Dan is Lol!

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I'll give you a hint Buddsy

"Wash my car and when you're finished with that, I want you to pick up all the leaves from the 4km driveway."

------------

I'm technical middle class, but I live in Australia so what does that mean?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Ok but I got to finish painting the Lordships Porch.... Didn't like to tell him it wasn't a Porch it was a Bentley!

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I put in my old English salary and surrounds and came up as Technical Middle Class.  I then retried with my Australian salary and surrounds and got promoted to Bib's level. 

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

It says I'm a New Affluent Worker. Hmmm. I might have been, were I 25 and working.....being 67 and retired I reckon that's balderdash. The thing takes no notice of age or status...I get marked down for not owning some expensive pile of bricks. I used to, but sold it to fund the continuing madness....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Established middle class  :huh:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Posh knob! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Wish I knew the difference between technical and established Middle Class.

Dan. For you it should have said "F**K knows!". Lmao

Kimbers, when you did it didn't it just say 'second'?

Evora NA

New affluent worker.....

Affluent!

Does that mean I should be able to afford my mortgage payments?

Just done it again and this time it's saying Established Middle Class.....

I most definitely should be able to afford my mortgage now! It lies!

Interestingly it doesn't ask what your mortgage debt is just market value of property. Think that's where it all falls down for me!

Chunky Lover

Cleese: (In bowler hat, black jacket and pinstriped trousers) I look down on him (Indicates Barker) because I am upper-class. 

Barker: (Pork-pie hat and raincoat) I look up to him (Cleese) because he is upper-class; but I look down on him (Corbett) because he is lower-class. I am middle-class 

Corbett: (Cloth cap and muffler) I know my place. I look up to them both. But I don't look up to him (Barker) as much as I look up to him (Cleese), because he has got innate breeding. 

Cleese: I have got innate breeding, but I have not got any money. So sometimes I look up (bends knees, does so) to him (Barker). 

Barker: I still look up to him (Cleese) because although I have money, I am vulgar. But I am not as vulgar as him (Corbett) so I still look down on him (Corbett). 

Corbett: I know my place. I look up to them both; but while I am poor, I am honest, industrious and trustworthy. Had I the inclination, I could look down on them. But I don't. 

Barker: We all know our place, but what do we get out of it? 

Cleese: I get a feeling of superiority over them. 

Barker: I get a feeling of inferiority from him, (Cleese), but a feeling of superiority over him (Corbett). 

Corbett: I get a pain in the back of my neck.

Class went out the window over 100 years ago, when the merchants built themselves estates; and those whose families were given estates after the Norman conquest were quitting them as they could not afford to maintain the piles.

I work, so working class, there is a massive "Jeremy Kyle" class who do not work and a tiny elite class who watch daytime tv using their own money rather than taxpayer money.

It could be that the whole system is "on its head", and we now pay our feudal obligation (taxes) so that the workshy can parade around their "Manor"

I managed to move up from technical middle class to established simply by clicking that i knew a few more people. Didnt matter what they did just needed to know a few more. Note to self, must get out of garage a bit more!!

I've played with it quite a bit (the questionnaire) and I can't get Precariat at all. Still it is a bit of fun.

Loving some of the comments, made me chuckle Chris and Dan.