free hit
counters
Diffusers - now and then - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Solarshaun

Diffusers - now and then

Hi chaps,

Sorry if this a bit impromptu, I'm trying to decide on an opportunistic upgrade or two while the Evoras in the garage.

Can anyone tell me if a 2013 diffuser/ Venturi thing would fit and look ok on a 2011 car?

Cars an NA with soon-to-be installed Janspeed exhaust from Lotus. Otherwise standard with Tech and Sport, but no reverse camera.

As always, assistance appreciated.

S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think you'll be looking at well over £1k in parts for this? Might be worth looking at a more 'motorsport' orientated diffuser which will more likely actually work too?

http://www.difflow.com/evora5.html

Difflow seem open to forum member discounts, I could see if they'll do a deal if you're interested?

gray5.jpg

Thanks for the reply Bibs. The one in the pic looks particularly mean! For reasons I won't go into just now, I'd prefer to keep it all factory Lotus for the moment. Question is, will the MY2013 parts fit the 2011? I cannot see why not, but the dealer ain't so sure...

Unless Lotus has made some very recent changes they are interchangeable. 

Thanks, that's cleared up.

Next question: what's the difference between the old Janspeed blue-tipped sports exhaust (as supplied by Lotus) and the 2013 exhaust? Which do I want on my 2011 car?

Shaun, I think you are confusing model year changes to actual models. Neither the N/A or 'S' Evora has had an update to the diffuser since either model's conception. They are interchangeable with the right components including a different reverse sensor module (the 'S' diffuser sticks out further so needs to adjust to compensate).

As for the exhaust; the stage 1 Sports exhaust (blue tipped) is lighter than N/A exhaust fitted to Evora's from MY12 onwards, but isn't valved. However, your model doesn't have the ability to utilise the valve without a lot of rework so if were you, stick with the stage 1. Both are made by Janspeed and sound similar.

You also need to think about a decat pipe.....

Thanks eversomuch for clearing that up.

So I need an "Evora S" diffuser, with the associated reverse sensors, and the blue tipped stage 1 exhaust?

Already have decat. Looking forward to the hybrid!

S

Yes, as Bibs has said the components to do it will be quite pricey. I wouldn't change the module (to keep costs down) until you've tried the set up and seen how much difference the few extra mm's makes.