free hit
counters
Top Gear Evora Sports Racer review - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bee

Top Gear Evora Sports Racer review

Putting this up as much to illustrate the common impression about the stabilty of Lotus as a company as much as anything else. Please, please, please, DRB, do something to reassure the public about Lotus' future before the damage becomes all but irreparable! I find their obstinate silence utterly unfathomable. :no Recent reports from the factory paint a 'far' brighter picture, but that is the sort of thing only Lotus enthusiasts are ever likely to pick up upon.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/lotus-evora-sport-racer-first-drive-2013-04-03

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Shocking isn't it, a real shame, the Lotus build quality reputation and constant bits of uncertainty in the press over the future nearly put me off buying mine but saw through that and wanted the car regardless.

However how many people out there would buy if they were certain their 3 year warranty would hold up etc?

Even my mum, who is a 50 year old who has 0 interest in cars, when she saw my evora for the first time said "that looks very flash like a white Ferrari but that will be in the garage all the time doesn't Lotus stand for lots of trouble usually serious and they always brake down?"

She saw the error of her ways when I punched her in the face ;-)

I hope you corrected her spelling too, ffs!

:lol:

Lol - The joys of typing on iPhone after a few beers, I have obviously used the word brake recently and my phone knows best!

Edited by rafphillips

Article is pretty accurate tbh. While I love the way mine drives I wouldn't buy another Lotus at this price level without a massive increase in build quality and the reassurance that Lotus will still exist.

I'm waiting to hear if they will do something about my headlights which steam up in the mildest shower and the rear lights where the chrome has flaked off.

They missed an opportunity with the Sport Racer, I feel. Put a big old Enduro wing on it, bodykit and make it look like a racer, Tune it a little give it 20hp more or reduce it's weight making it more basic and price it around the same and you have a winner IMHO.

I love the Evora but would prefer a stripped out racer style. That's why I bought the Exige S when I did. Who cares for luxury.

They had planned to launch a car just like that at Goodwood, but DRB stopped it. 

I would like them to do like what Kimbers said but with the GTE body kit. I love the look but its just too much

Buddsy

I'm not really interested in politics or the way the wind is blowing. 

The Evora was a great car back in 2009 and still is. And yes, there may have been a few niggles. But at 30,000 km mine is better than new, and I still have yet to try a car costing twice the price that drives or looks better.

The only upgrade I can think of from an Evora would be a MacLaren.

>headlights which steam up in the mildest shower and the rear lights where the chrome has flaked off

Mine did that and Lotus replaced all four under warranty. You will notice the latest models come with black rimmed rear lights instead of chrome.

You will notice the latest models come with black rimmed rear lights instead of chrome.

Only on the Evora 'S' the N/A still uses the chrome bezels.

Yep had my rear bezels replaced under warranty, they were replaced with the same chrome ones (it's an NA).

Lights were replaced also previously I am told but they still mist up slightly. I have noticed V8Vs do it also so it's not just the Evora

Only on the Evora 'S' the N/A still uses the chrome bezels.

And I'm told the black flakes off too :(

on my second set of bezels... Will be on my third soon. problem is they are lightly chromed onto plastic so it doesn't bond well. just rubs right off over time.. they should have cleared the part after chroming it...but that might not have been possible since urethane doesn't stick well to metal without first being primed. best option is to have the part sanded and primed them chrome painted and then cleared. as for the lights. also on my second set. one lamp still fogs up but not as easily.