free hit
counters
Service time - oil, filter and Cambelt - Page 4 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Dave Freeman

Service time - oil, filter and Cambelt

We will have a bed and a good women for you if you need one. Room booked

Dave

Rooms are allocated :-

1. Paul and wilf - on suite, main house

2. Sparky and women of his choice - on suite, main house.

3. On more room available for couple sharing.

4. 2 beds in the sauna room (well its a log cabin, but warm and dry) - Malcolm and mike.

5. Colin, above garage, warm and dry, on another room in the somewhere.

Room for a few more if required.

Dave

Sparky, you are welcome to join us Friday night for a curry and a beer, and your women.

Edited by Dave Freeman

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks for the bed reservation but I will pop up early on Sat and return sat eve. 

Do you need me to bring the 10 ton press ?

Felix, how r u mate ?

Thanks for the bed reservation but I will pop up early on Sat and return sat eve. 

Do you need me to bring the 10 ton press ?

Sparky........do you need the 10 ton press ?

Felix, how r u mate ?

Sparky........do you need the 10 ton press ?

depends on the woman you find him

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

:lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Right, here we go...

First, I am not the definitive mechanical genius!  I've just been on the spanners for 35 years, and I enjoy it.  Slightly deranged, some might say - I do love doing Esprit cambelts.

Dave, Friday night arrival for me please.  I don't want payment for this; I think it'll be a barrel of laughs, and I'll just eat and drink my fill (in terms of liquid, that could be a substantial amount).

By my reckoning, there are only 4 belts (& a pump, and a retension or two) to do.  Not sure if that'll be a world record in a weekend - shame!

If you are having a belt changed, be prepared to get dirty, as I intend to get you involved.  Bring tools if you want, as no doubt things will be forgotten.

Press - yes please!  Unless we can guarantee a large enough vice to do the bearings in - I reckon 6 inches plus across the jaws should do it.  Please let me know.

If you want me to get bits (already in touch with some), specify your model, whether aircon present, whether you also want tensioner bearing and aux belts, AND BRING YOUR OWN COOLANT as cooling systems will be breached.  I can get Gates Powergrip cambelts at no more than £25 each, but aux belts and tensioners will be from PNM at cost.  Pete charges a little more for the tensioner bearings, so if you want to pay less then please order your own from SJ, but it's only a few quid difference. I'll let you know what your parts bill comes to, and you can bring cash on the day.

No doubt I've forgotten something.  I'll be back...

And I'm determined to get Clemo's hands dirty!

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

We perhaps should just role Clemo in the dirt outside, we could all shake hands with him after changing the belts.

Just to ensure I am accounted for, just one timing belt for me, other belts are fine.

If we get stuck for fluids then halfords is just a 10 mins drive away.

I will check my vice, think is a 6 incher, will let u know tomorrow.

Friday night room available for you, will probably go out about 8.00 to eat and drink.

Best regards

Dave

Getting close, need to book table for Friday night, so far Paul and Wilf, Megan and I, Garry and a women.

The vice I have is, 4 inches, like all mans tools they are not as big as you think.

Dave

sue and i will be with you friday evening unless you are going to the indian

I will bring the 10 ton press, should be along for between 10 and 11 on Saturday. Could you let me know the address please Dave.

Hopefully i'll be there, need to get an mot, if not sparky send me details so I can pay you for the belt.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

chris why not book it in for an mot near dave and then you could drive it there

Ok will make it Chinese,

Table to be booked

1. Dave and Megan

2. Pete and Sue

3. Paul and Wilf

Dave

Dave

Could you let me have your address and Postcode. Also I see that someone else has been honest in not eating curry, if possible could I be a pain and have something without the curry.  In exchange I will bring along a selection of bottled beers.

sent you a pm regarding address etc, if anyone would like to bring their favourite drink and or something to cook, may do BBQ on saturday.

IMPORTANT NOTE ......we are unable to use the drive next door so space will be tight, there are a number of parking spaces around so please on the day find a spot and we will bring the cars in as needed.

I need to book the table for Friday please confirm those who are coming.......

Edited by Dave Freeman

I'm going to be working my ass off right up to the end of the week, currently unsure whether I'll make it Friday eve, or early Saturday.  Hoping for Friday, but we'll see!  After a bit of a delay, Pete assures me all parts will be with me by tomorrow - phew.

Chris - don't worry, I turn these belts around really quickly anyway.  But I'm sure you'll be there!

I hope everybody's ready for their production line duties.

So that's it then? Just 4 belts?  Pshaw.

Take a break sparky, be here Friday or I'll reduce your rum ration by 1%, sure you will do your best.

Be a nice way to start the weekend.

Dave

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Right my vice has a round 8 inches of daylight, so i'll bring that.

May try and get the car legal before coming over, or as Pete suggested book in an MOT near Daves.

I think it should pass, it has no door cards/ engine cover and one quarter light cover missing. but my big worry is the handbrake it's always so weak :(

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

8 inches, eh?  I'm envious.

Noooooo! You were my secret weapon!

I feel for you mate. Tracy has exactly the same at the moment.

Is Tracy still coming with you Sparky.

Andy, we will save some grease for you.