free hit
counters
Left Hand Rear Wheel Arch Heat Shield Fixings - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
sailorbob

Left Hand Rear Wheel Arch Heat Shield Fixings

In the left hand rear wheel arch there is a composite heat shield that is fixed to the body with pop rivets. The parts manual lists 5 pop rivets and 5 washers (both installed from the outside) as being the only fixings for the shield, can any confirm if this is correct? I need to remove mine but don't want to drill the fixings out only to hear the sound of something dropping off somewhere in the car :) If the size of the pop rivets (part number A076W6099F) is known that would be good too.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Respray23.jpg

There is a second something there, but I can't remember, it's no drama.

I used marine rivets where replacing it, and if I remember correctly stainless washers on the other side where I could access it.

I also made up new brackets, as the original ones where "nasty", buffed a bit of shine into the shield while I was about it.

Thinking about it, there may have been a thicker piece of fiberglass as an intermidiatry between the wheel arch and the shield.

It's been 3 years since I did it. (shield still shines though)

Thanks Roger. I think I'll use some Tri-Fold pop rivets when re-installing the shield.

I remember mine, no composite, just a stainless sheet, always comes loose but necessary to avoid heat on the tyres.

Dave