free hit
counters
Magnecor / performance plug leads - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
gtookey

Magnecor / performance plug leads

See SJ's now list these. Wonder if they are worth it?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've got the cheaper version (8mm blue ones) on one car, no problems but it's very difficult to compare plug leads.  I'd have thought the 8.5 will be over-kill as they are designed for really high temperature applications like the turbo cars, but it's worth pointing out that Steve's price seems rather good and pretty much what you'd pay for 8mm blue ones at many places.

Agree any direct comparison might be difficult as you only replace leads for a reason I.e damaged or old.

As such I noticed a difference when I replaced my first set with new NGK leads.

Magnecor are supposed to be better which is why I bought a set of KV85's. But again quantifying any benefit over the old leads will be next to impossible as I've modded the engine too.

So gents...if I got a set of these wires would I use a resistor spark plug or not?. My S1 has had the lumenition ignition upgrade, so no points.

Edited by GavinS1

I bought Magnecor wires for my 308 several years ago directly from them:  http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/files/catalog.pdf

I'll be purchasing a set of leads for an S1 soon, and was thinking of going with Magnecor again.  As for the plug type, maybe just ask them?

Magnecor recommend the resistor type, especially if you have electronic ignition. None resistor is ok if you have points.

I have then Magnecors on my S2. No noticable difference to standard leads though I am using standard NGK plugs with electronic ignition. There was no mention of resitor type plugs when I bought the leads a little while back.

Pete